“Charming experience”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Although hadn't booked we were found a table outside on a lovely warm evening. Service and help were excellent. I had duck which was extremely tasty and turned out to be the best meal of my tour around Germany.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Marvellous Prussian restaurant in lovely, quiet road. The sorrel soup was especially good. Large portions.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice cosy place, but the german kitchen is terrible! But our hostess was very friendly and nice. There's a Burger King down the road. :-)

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Consider Marjellchen "Like"d, "+1"ed or whatever the hell is done these days. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The menu was very interesting, focusing on traditional Prussian recipes with other German items, as well. I don't know if this is the best German food I've ever had, but if it isn't, it is very, very close. The food was wonderfully prepared, very well seasoned and well presented. The portions were generous. Creamed ham anyone? Jugged game? Strawberry crepes and apple dumplings? Altbier? Yum. I just ate lunch, and I'm hungry all over again just thinking about it. Very nice people served us, too. I would absolutely go out of my way to get back here. I have no idea if it's the best German food in Berlin, but it's hard to imagine much better!

1  Thank DFurtwengler
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Last month, before going to Berlin, I checked the top recommended restaurants in the city. Marjellchen has one of the best reviews on Tripadvisor so I decided to book a table for two(fortunately, a woman on the phone did not have problems with her English). And that was an excellent choice!
Service is great - two really nice ladies took care about us properly (asking about our food preferences, giving good advices etc.), food was amazing - the German dishes at their best! We had a combination of starters which ware really big and tasty, for the main course I chose a duck which was one of the best in my life (huge portion, delicious sauce). Plus good Berliner beer and lots of wine!
For dinner for two with 3 course menu we paid around 120 euro. I highly recommend that place but it'll be better if you book first - the place was full.