“Very German !!”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Just go back to the years of the old Berlin ! The radio sings "lili marlene" and the wonderful owner miss Ramona is walking kindly through the table checking everything is good and the mood is high. the waiters are fun and happy to advice the poor italian customers .Great "stinco di maiale" but try other dishes like the wild-boar !! If you step in Berlin please don't miss it!! And say hello to mr.Hans

Write a ReviewReviews (2,399)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I should really thank Trip advisor for this experience! I was looking for a a restaurant for a business dinner, while in Berlin for a Congress, and when reading the reviews I chose this one. What a good choice!
It's a small restaurant, very well decorated, very cosy and warm.
Unfortunantely when we arrived, 8 of us, with no reservation, we found a surprised german hostess, not very happy with the request for a table. Even though she managed to find us 2 tables of 4, after some negociation.
After this awkward moment, begun a truly amazing dinner!
The food was incredible!
For entries we chose: Pomeranian Goose smoked breast and Portion of Mushrooms with garlic cream and baguette fresh out of oven. This was the true evidence that this had been a perfect choie of restaurant.
The famous pork knuckle was the choice of 4 of us, and they were not disapointed by the sugestion! what fine cooking!
I tried the Masurian Jugged Game of stag and wild-boar, with bacon and forest mushrooms,
besides potato dumplings, stewed cabbage and cranberries. I only wished I could stay there the hole night to finish my huge portion of food, as it was to die for!
About the service: Helke was waiting us, she was wonderful, gave us the great advices and descritions of the plates, in a perfect English, she was always attentive, friendly and funny!
I am surely coming back!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We are choised this restaurant for corporate christmas party for 9 persons and were very satisfied of our choise. This restaurant is very cozy, small place and you can feel youself there like at home. I have never seen before such a big porcion of food, everything was tasty and fresh. Service of hotel very friendly an pleasant. Visit of this restaurant stayed only positive and nice emotions, in my next time in Berlin i'll visit this place again.
If you want to try real german food in great atmosphere for loyal price, you should visit it necessarily.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We booked a table after reading TripAdvisor reviews, and weren't disappointed. The owner guided us through the menu, giving us tips on alternative choices of veg and potatoes. My partner chose the pickled beef and I had the roast duck, both meals were delicious and enormous. With drinks the bill was 40€. We enjoyed it so much, we booked again for our last night in Berlin and once again thoroughly enjoyed it. My partner had chicken liver served with onion and apple and mashed potatoes and I had lamb which was cooked to perfection. Both evenings, the restaurant was full and we wouldn't have got in without booking.
Well worth a visit, we'll definitely go back next year

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Cozy place, authentic design and a little outdated, however the atmosphere is very pleasant. Advance reservations recommended that the restaurant is very popular. Excellent soups, main courses are huge and very tasty. The desserts we tasted did not match the quality of the main courses. However, a great dining experience.