“cosy, friendly and fabulous food”
Review of Marjellchen

Marjellchen
Ranked #22 of 8,938 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We booked a table after reading TripAdvisor reviews, and weren't disappointed. The owner guided us through the menu, giving us tips on alternative choices of veg and potatoes. My partner chose the pickled beef and I had the roast duck, both meals were delicious and enormous. With drinks the bill was 40€. We enjoyed it so much, we booked again for our last night in Berlin and once again thoroughly enjoyed it. My partner had chicken liver served with onion and apple and mashed potatoes and I had lamb which was cooked to perfection. Both evenings, the restaurant was full and we wouldn't have got in without booking.
Well worth a visit, we'll definitely go back next year

Write a ReviewReviews (2,373)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Cozy place, authentic design and a little outdated, however the atmosphere is very pleasant. Advance reservations recommended that the restaurant is very popular. Excellent soups, main courses are huge and very tasty. The desserts we tasted did not match the quality of the main courses. However, a great dining experience.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was our favorite meal in Berlin. Well worth the trek from East Berlin. Best to book ahead.

The service was very friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed the potato soup starter and my crispy duck main was terrific (as were the sides). The crepe/pancake dessert finished it off nicely.

Very good, traditional food. I'd go back if I could.

1  Thank steve_in_indy
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Wow wow wow. We didn't knew what to expect from traditional german food but this blow our minds.

The food was amazing, service was very personal, price were reasonable and the ambiance was really cozy.

I would definitely go back and suggest that place to friends visiting Berlin.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were in Berlin for a long weekend trip for my birthday and I'd done quite a lot of research as to where I wanted to eat, but the Marjellchen website had no email address to contact them to book. I didn't want to phone from England so waited until we got there, by which time it was fully booked (it was a Saturday.) So do book ahead if you can. We however booked for the following night instead and it was lovely, serving traditional Prussian food.
The service was very friendly, and the Maitre'D (or should that be Maitre'Dam) and staff attentive, but not overly so. Cosy atmosphere.
I had mushrooms to start - a huge portion which I had to persuade my partner to help me with after he'd had his soup. I then had Perch -Pike (I thought they were different fish so not sure which is was!) in a lovely lemon and caper sauce and my partner had the jugged game which he said was delicious. I was so full after the enormous starter that I didn't finish, so the poppy dumpling I had my eye on for pudding was out of the question. Still maybe next time....