“Fun evening out”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I returned to the Mao Thai after quite a few years as I needed to book a restaurant for a group of friends meeting up for a reunion. Although the maitresse was a little unfriendly when we were initially seated, we still had an excellent evening and the service for the rest of the meal could not be faulted. The waiter was friendly and helped our evening along very nicely, displaying a great sense of humour and accommodating all our needs. The food was delicious. A very successful evening all round.

2  Thank Kuriyakin
There are newer reviews for Mao Thai

Reviewed June 12, 2014

In the chill down area of Kolwitz, great Thai spices and nice vibe - little bit stressed service when busy

1  Thank Martin W
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We're walking near by when got hungry, turned on Trip Advisor city app (highly recommended!) to find a nice and close place to get lunch, chose Mao Thai, no welcoming and the service in general was poor.
we ordered Pad Thai, a classic dish, and another portion recommended by the waiter, the recommended dish was plain white rice with 4-5 shrimps which didn't seem fresh at all.
after sharing our thoughts with our waiter, at first he just said: "that's what you've ordered"..
after a few minutes he offered to change my portion to the Pad Thai but with paying for what I've ordered and cost a bit more, which was fair i guess.
the Pad Thai was taste less but very big, might be enough for 2 people or better for no one at all..
first and last visit at Mao Thai.

1  Thank Jacobs222
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had a very nice dinner! Taste was very good and quantity as well. Good prepared authentic Thai food. Asked for some chilis and they kept serving more until steam came out of my ears, very nice!
Normally the food isn't very spicy, but I'm told that is typical for Germany.

All in all I would recommend this place

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We want to this restaurant because my friends went in before "you'll see, it's worth it".
"Ok, you know me, let's try it !".
Here we come. The restaurant is well decorated, you have plenty of bottle behind the bar.
Dark ambience - not too much lights - so it's not an aggressive place, good to talk.
The food was well presented, and……good !
The quarter (Prenzlauer-Berg) is also to visit, very nice.

1  Thank Oli D