“Delicious Food & Excellent Service”
Review of Maharadscha 2 - CLOSED

Maharadscha 2
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I am from India and happen to visit beautiful city of Berlin for some official work. The moment I landed in Berlin, I started having a craving for good Indian food so hunt began for some spicy & delicious Indian stuff.

Considering myself lucky that I found Maharadscha 2 which I was quite near to my place of my stay. One word, excellent service, delicious food, felt like home.

The owner & support staff were quite courteous and alert whenever required. Overall, it was a fab experience which I never expected.

Keep up the good work Mr Joshi...

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Visited here with a friend after checking reviews on this site. We both love indian food and are used to the British variety of not quite authentic but nevertheless delicious dishes. Arriving here we were greeted with a somewhat empty restaurant, but the food menu was excellent.

The manager picked up on our accents and sat down to talk to us in both excellent English and German, and we spent the meal being regaled with equally fantastic food and stories (For an example, on asking for food "as hot as you can possibly make it" we were supplied an anecdote regarding a previous diner asking the same, then complaining on it being too spicy to be edible and, after refusing a free fresh meal, giving a terrible review.). The manager was a fine man, who was steadfast that putting love into the treatment of food, diners, and the staff was ever more important than cutting corners for the easiest profits, and I can see this as a reason for the long-term success of this fine restaurant.

1  Thank Jimmy R
Reviewed August 24, 2012

A lovely evening we had at this Indian restaurant. Every dish had a seperate colour and flavours. We loved Butter chicken and Lam curry very much. After entering we had a warm welcome from the staff and were headed to a nice table in the corner. Though it was very busy still every thing happened on time. The service was perfect and friendly. The owner is a very helpful guy and he explained us the menu and helped us in ordering our food. You can order your food mild, medium or spicy. Since we like spicy we asked for spicy lamb curry and it was delicious. The proportion of price and quality is also very good. The portions were good and more than sufficient for us. One of the best Indian restaurants I know at this moment.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

After roaming around and having dinners in different restaurants and different types of kitchens, we tried this Indian restaurant. Perfect food, nicely balanced spices and super friendly service were the characterstics of this restaurant. My wife loved the bread called Batoorey (a bread full of steam and like ball in the shape). The Butter Chicken and Chick peas were the best of all the dishes. The host is a very pleasant personality who advised us to chose our dishes. You can order hot and mild dishes on your choice. We had two meals on the same day and would like to go there again if in Berlin. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I found them unprofessional in terms of service quality. The atmosphere of the restaurant is not up to date. we had to wait for food longer than expected. We found some unusual sting on salat which isn't common in restaurant. However, I'm not sure that was bad really bad smell rotten things.