“TOP ! TOP ! TOP. :)”

Ranked #130 of 8,662 Restaurants in Berlin
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: Following the opening of the hotel in 1907, the restaurant was immediately successful in setting new standards for the culinary world. The most famous recipes of that splendor of time remain on the menu - including the Adlon sole filet and the world-famous Canard a la presse, which are still savored by connoisseurs today.The Lorenz Adlon Esszimmer is not only reminiscent of that time of tradition, luxury, and grandeur - today the restaurant remains a trendsetter that indulges guests with culinary delights, served with genuine passion.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The greatest dining experience of our lives! Since the atmosphere of the restaurant, the willingness of operators, despite the excellent menu with wine pairing, wine-tasting knew perfectly all the wine that we served. All the food was finely brewed with love. Indeed this restaurant aspires to 3 stars, would you really deserve. I recommend to all! An unforgettable evening

2  Thank JIrkaEva
There are newer reviews for Lorenz Adlon Esszimmer

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This restaurant has two Michelin stars and is located in a renovated traditional hotel that had its hay day in the 1920’s but later spent many years in decadence behind the Berlin Wall. Tables with a view of the Brandenburg Gate are available, although the windows are too high to actually see it while seated. Although the restaurant is elegant, formal clothing is not required, and service is not at all stiff. The food is the sort of excellent international fare that could be expected in a Michelin-starred restaurant anywhere in the world. Wine pairings are available and, in our opinion, were successful. The price is astronomical compared to a local Imbiss place, but is not out of line with the context. We were quite happy to find that at least one of the servers could speak our language (Portuguese) and really made us feel at home. Of course, everyone speaks English and German. The meal is a fine experience that has its expected associated costs.

2  Thank ajnaro
Reviewed August 26, 2013

For a restaurant of its class with its kind of history, it was overcrowded and noisy the night I was there. I think it had too many covers - hence, the service suffered. I tried to order the 'canard a la presse' which was a classic dish that has been made in this restaurant for some 80 years. Interestingly enough, the maître d' said to me that it would take an hour to make. When I said that it'd be OK, he then said that it would be a bad idea for me to do so as the chef who knew how to make it was not there anymore and the chef there then did not know how to do it. Strange, given that the dish was one of the few a la carte ones on the menu outside of the 'formulas'. The maître d', then successfully 'guided' us to order the 'tasting menu' with 8 courses. When it came to wine, I wanted to order from the wine list. Surely enough the sommelier gave me the same song and dance. So I took the 'formula' menu with wine pairing. it came to some 300 euro per person. Afterwards, I was kicking myself as the wine pairing was weak. I should know as I actually own a vineyard in Bordeaux and has been making wine for the last 20 years.

3  Thank Norman-Koo
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I had the six course menu, but with all the extras this came to 10, and wine, three and a half hours after arrival we left having had the meal of our lives. Definatley recommend it for a special meal, just don't expect much change from 400 euro! However, it will be the experience of a lifetime with phenomenal food and service. Fantastic view of the Brandenburg Gate.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Exquisitely prepared dishes that melted in your mouth. Chose the 6 course menu but turned out to be more like a 12 course after all the extra treats from the chef! Cost an arm and a leg but certainly a special experience.