“Nice Good Place!”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Well I was there a very warm summer night with my family.
The whole menu is just all kinds of potato dishes.
I remember I took a potato-pizza, which was very nice. But the best thing about this place is the atmospehere, so cosy it was in this Kartoffelkeller. :D
The service was good, nothing I can really recall that was negative :)

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We have been in the kartoffelkeller many times.
We always enjoyed it, especially the " Schusterpfanne" has been a hit.

This time however the sour cream that accompanies the dish was bad/rotten.
We told the waiter but she came back from the kitchen saying it was fresh! It was not, and we asked her to smell it. She would not. We asked for the chef. But he/she did not come.
Normally there is a lot of people in the place - now there was not. New owners?

The rest of the dish was ok, but one of us got a Diarrhea...

We will not get back in the future unless things get better....

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Lovely place and a lovely atmosphere - food is uber stodgy, but then there is a hint in the name!!

Apologies due for not leaving a tip - I would have given this a 5 out of 5 if the bill had not been so confusing. It looked like the prices shown on th emenu were net of VAT and that VAT of 17% was then added - made me quite angry so no tip - when I gotback to the hotel room I checked using a calculator and found that it is just the way the bill is presented that makes it look like this - so my turn to eat some humble potato!

Meal was fab and would go back as soon as my jeans start to fit again ! :-)

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a cozy restaurant that presents a potato-based menu (as the name clearly states). It reverses the conventional idea that potatoes are the side dish of a main course. Here potatoes (cooked in different ways) are the main course and meat, fish, and other vegs are the "side dish". This approach would be nice if only potatoes were tasty, but I must admit that this wasn't actually the case. The proportions between potatoes and "the sides" are clearly in favour of the first, so be prepared to have a lot of carbohidrates. Prices are within average, as well as the quality. Multi language menus and initial request for "discount tickets" suggest that this restaurant might be a nice tourist trap. Just try it if you like potatoes.

1  Thank Marchingegno
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Assuming you like potato, this is a fantastic place. Good location, great food, good prices. Just know that you will ne eating potato - even for dessert!