“Great little French restaurant”
Review of Entrecote

Entrecote
Ranked #100 of 8,713 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Really nice French restaurant up by Checkpoint Charlie. The decor is very interesting, with a vault-like feel. I had steak at another restaurant three days before, but the food served her was so much better. It was a shame i was here on business and so didn't feel ordering the oysters was appropriate. But there were alot of other diners who were. I suspect they're probably very good. I had the escargot (not served in the shell btw) and then the steak and matchstick frites. The food and service was fantastic. There is no doubt in my head that I will go back again next time I'm in Berlin.

1  Thank LittleFox2000

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Walked in and the restaurant was packed. The rack of lamb was ok, but nothing exceptional. They undercooked it even though I had ordered it cooked medium. The potatoes au gratin that come with the meal were good. The Bordeaux by the glass on the menu was ok. Overall, an average meal, nothing to warrant a Michelin rating as they advertise on the door.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Always struggled to find a decent French restaurant in France but managed to find one in berlin! Good food and attentive staff in a relaxing environment.

2  Thank shadoc1
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a must go place when you are in Berlin, just make sure that you make a reservation, because this place is packed all the time i've been here.
Decided to have a dinner at this place when visiting Berlin on the shopping trip and my birthday was due in 2 days. Very short and clear message about this place- the food is marvelous, high standard quality and also simple- we started from the french onion soup-- 10/10 then beef carpaccio 10/10 superb, then we had tuna salad 10/10, rack of lamb- the best lamb I had anywhere in the world 10/10, dorado fish 10/10. this place has its own quality and its own character which is not to be found anywhere and as I say this is a must visit place when in Berlin or around berlin, it takes around 10min by taxi and around 10euros and the way to the restaurant from the centre goes via the Berlin wall and some other nice parts. All of us enjoy this place because we've been here 3-4 times when in Berlin and will always come back.
Best of luck to the owners. fantastic place.

1  Thank Ervis555
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went to this place since it had good ratings. Despite our reservation we were seated at a rather inconvenient spot, a narrow passage that led to the wardrobe and hence every minute somebody whizzed by loaded with coats, not ideal for a relaxing dinner. Apart from this the whole place was very noisy (people talking loudly, old fashioned French music) and we had the impression to be rather in a Biergarten instead of a decent restaurant.

My wife opted for a dish with scallops and I ordered lamb for me. In addition we got wine from South of France. And then the problems started: The wine they served was mediocre (being from the South of France we can tell!); service was very slow (more than 45 minutes between taking our orders and bringing the food); the dish of my wife had four (yes, 4!) tiny scallops and a table spoon of rice (yes, this was considered to be a main dish); my lamb (ordered to be cooked “medium”) was still bloody inside and the green beans that were served with were warm but basically raw (I guess they were put into boiling water for 30 seconds). We cannot comment on the desserts since we were so turned off by the meal that we decided to leave and take the desert somewhere else. All in all we had the impression that this place is comparable to the worst kind of tourist traps in Paris. Since there are very good alternatives nearby we advise to avoid this place.

1  Thank roswell_co