“amazing service and food”
Review of Entrecote

Entrecote
Ranked #87 of 8,708 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had a beautiful French meal here but had to book in advance as very popular. The staff were attentive and helpful and the service excellent. I had lamb rack with beans , bacon and gratin dauphinois which was perfect. The recommended wine was excellent and the complimentary fresh baguette bread appreciated. The creme caramel for dessert finished off a perfect meal.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This restaurant comes out very well in Tripadvisor reviews and, against that standard, our experience was very disappointing. Some of the dishes really weren't very French - the rouille in the fish soup, for example, was nothing like the original, and the two desserts were both disappointing, tarte tatin and creme brulee. The first was nothing like a tarte tatin and the second had no hint of the promised "vanille de bourbon". The best dish was the steak, frites et salade deal at 13 Euros - excellent value and the steak cooked how I asked for it. The other main dish of sole was much more expensive and not as good. And the service was a bit hit and miss - the waiter brought us the wrong wine first time and didn't seem to believe us when we pointed it out. So if you stick to the steak and avoid dessert you'll probably eat better than we did.

1  Thank Susan8552
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have always enjoyed french dining just off the Charlottenstrasse in central Berlin. Entrecote looks like a classic french brasserie and sounds like it, at times also. Both languages are used interchangeably. We maintained our tradition of ordering the menu du jour - a classic steak frites with a simple salad starter. I love the scattering of walnuts amidst the mustardy vinaigrette. I enjoy they way they slice the rare steak and place it in a rich gravy beside the slimmest crunchiest fries I have ever enjoyed and the best is that they only serve half the portion at a time, keeping the second half warm and fresh - such simple and elegant style. It is, as always a wonderful way to enjoy a business lunch with both businessmen and tourists...

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I had starter, soup and a meat dish with angus. It was very good. I did eat early, so there was not so much people in the resturant.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We ate dinner at this restaurant and found the food and service to be quite good. The entrées were plated at a warming stand near our table and I was so surprised to be offered "seconds" of my order. Diners at a table nearby were offered a bowl of water and a cushion for their dog to rest upon while they dined. Being dog lovers ourselves, we appreciate the inclusive attitude of some European capitals when it comes to having non-service animals in public places. This was one of the few places we encountered that had white port to offer as a dessert wine. Overall, this was a good experience and we would visit there again.

2  Thank SwedebyMarriage529