“Beer stock - exchange market”

Die Berliner Republik - Brokers Bierborse
Ranked #312 of 8,938 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I really enjoyed both my two visits here . The atmosphere is great, the music loud enough to have fun but have a conversation, too, and the variety of beers more than satisfactory. Check the exchange board, to see which beer-price goes up or down and have a good deal for a long beer-night at the best price.
I didn't eat there so, read through some other reviews, too.
The location is fantastic , too, as it's next to Friedrich strasse and by the river Spree.
We didn't have any problem to find a table (or better bar space) but it was rather busy (especially with local people)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,445)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Traditional German cuisine and beer. Opposite our hotel Melia Berlin, it is always very busy so book early to avoid waiting especially if there are more than 2 of you. The food was cooked well and was of good value. It cost us 27 euros, for 2 main meals and 2 drinks each, which is very good value.

1  Thank BandMa
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went here for a few glasses of German beer and a light meal after seeing the website and being instantly interested in the 'beer market' stock-exchange concept. Please don't get me wrong, the place is lovely inside and out and has a great location but on our visit it was let down by the service. The place was very busy on a Friday evening but there seemed to be hardly anyone behind the bar and getting served was a challenge. When I did manage to get the attention of one young man behind the bar, he took my order but then seemed to do little in the way of actually getting our drinks - I then saw this occur with other customers and then realised that a lot of the people behind the bar were just washing glasses. Eventually one of the 'washers' would grab another man carrying an ipad who would come over and re-take our order. When it eventually arrived the food was nice and beer tasy but it was a bit of a frustrating experience that I could tell was shared by many others. The beer market concept is one I like but it just didn't seem to work because of the service - in effect, by the time you'd ordered the beer you fancy, the price had gone back up again!!!!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

A very visually pleasing restaurant with good food, great beer and good staff. We had lunch on the 23 anniverary of the wall coming down, so it was busy and we did have to wait a bit for the first beer to arrive. After that we were content and the meal was not long in following it up. This is well worth a visit. Another barman would have helped but do not let that put you off.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

After a long walk down Friedrichstrasse we came to this restaurant by chance and it was one recommended to us. Great choice.
The staff were friendly and ready to serve two Aussies with limited German but enough to order cabbage rolls on a bed of creamy mashed potato and a sausage in a beer sauce with mounds of red cabbage. I'm drooling just writing this.

Good honest German food as we were hoping for. Yummy. Go there.