“Good cakes”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mitte
“Good cakes”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

This shop is good for light snack and for afternoon coffee. They really have very tasty cakes. Just go and check from the place before ordering. Coffee is also good i always have espresso there and each time cramy, full of taste. Good for rainy afternoon to chear up in berlin:)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Bavaria, Germany
“Relaxed breakfast location”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Super nice staff. Most "jummie" bagels and cheese cake. Ever. Not too busy but cosy atmosphere. A must see when you are near in Berlin.

• Visited August 2013
“Lost orders and food that isnt really that fabulous”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Let me start off by saying, the location of Barcomi's is great. It is tucked into a courtyard near the Hakesche Höfe and is bustling. Apparently they are known for the American-style food and their bakery. I sat down at a free table and it took a while for me to be able to place my order. I waited about twent minutes without even recieving my iced latte. Finally, i waived down a waiter (different on then took my order but it refused to acknowledge all my attempst to catch his eye). It turned iut wht I had ordered to eat was no longer available. While the waiters were friendly, they aren't very attentive. I would have gotten up and left but I was hungry. After waiting a bit more my sandwich came. Which is absolutely nothing to write home about. It was bland (although the home made potato bread was good) and lacking in something to make it worth the six euros it cost. I decided to forgo dessert as I didn't want to waste more time waiting.

I was a waitress for a long time and while a busy place means you have less time for customers, it is not an excuse to not serve them or not apologize when you forget an order. While the staff was friendly it also doesn't make up for poor service. Its unfortunate really, because the place would otherwise be a simple place with a nice courtyard. Oh well.

1 Thank Sotraveling
Frankfurt, Germany
“Unfriendly service, refused to serve food because they were understaffed”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Waitress was extremely rude after making us wait for over 10 minutes she informed us that they were not taking any orders for food, even cold food (at 1pm!!). They were understaffed and couldn't handle it. Too bad for them we are definitely not going back there ever again.

1 Thank WLSMKB
London
“Delicious cheese cake”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a great cafe in a hidden courtyard. Delicious New York cheesecake and the rest of the menu looked really tempting too. Buzzy but still easily able to get a table for 5