“Lost orders and food that isnt really that fabulous”
Review of Barcomi's Deli

Barcomi's Deli
Ranked #3 of 157 Dessert in Berlin
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mitte
“Lost orders and food that isnt really that fabulous”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Let me start off by saying, the location of Barcomi's is great. It is tucked into a courtyard near the Hakesche Höfe and is bustling. Apparently they are known for the American-style food and their bakery. I sat down at a free table and it took a while for me to be able to place my order. I waited about twent minutes without even recieving my iced latte. Finally, i waived down a waiter (different on then took my order but it refused to acknowledge all my attempst to catch his eye). It turned iut wht I had ordered to eat was no longer available. While the waiters were friendly, they aren't very attentive. I would have gotten up and left but I was hungry. After waiting a bit more my sandwich came. Which is absolutely nothing to write home about. It was bland (although the home made potato bread was good) and lacking in something to make it worth the six euros it cost. I decided to forgo dessert as I didn't want to waste more time waiting.

I was a waitress for a long time and while a busy place means you have less time for customers, it is not an excuse to not serve them or not apologize when you forget an order. While the staff was friendly it also doesn't make up for poor service. Its unfortunate really, because the place would otherwise be a simple place with a nice courtyard. Oh well.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sotraveling

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
“Unfriendly service, refused to serve food because they were understaffed”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Waitress was extremely rude after making us wait for over 10 minutes she informed us that they were not taking any orders for food, even cold food (at 1pm!!). They were understaffed and couldn't handle it. Too bad for them we are definitely not going back there ever again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank WLSMKB
London
“Delicious cheese cake”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a great cafe in a hidden courtyard. Delicious New York cheesecake and the rest of the menu looked really tempting too. Buzzy but still easily able to get a table for 5

“Very good and fresh food”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Althought its a little bit difficult to find the place, its a beautiful spot, in- and outside. We ate baggels for breakfast and its delicious food for a fair price.

Berlin, Germany
“Very good American style deli in Mitte complete with bakery”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to me by a German friend. When I said I missed having American food sometimes, she told me to try this place.

It's in the courtyard of a building, so you have to really watch for the sign. Then after walking into the courtyard, the cafe or bakery is on your left behind their outdoor seating.

It is usually crowded for lunch so I'd go early if you want to get a table outside.

I had an Italian soda with blood orange juice... It wasn't the best and didn't really taste like blood oranges. The BLT I ordered was fantastic though- thick bacon on homemade potato bread. Still warm, and very good and large portion.

My cousin ordered the salad sampler with curry chicken salad, beets, and green salad- it was fresh and delicious, and again, a large portion.

For dessert, we split a piece of carrot cake. The cream cheese icing was dusted with coconut flakes, and was delicious... but the cake itself was hard and not so fresh. If I ordered dessert there again, I'd maybe get cheesecake instead.

All in all, I'd go back. But if you're visiting Berlin for the first time... I'd recommend trying something German or more European. This is just like eating at a good deli... So if you have a good deli where you're from, skip this place. But if you're an expat in Berlin or homesick for America, definitely give this place a try- it really was quite good!

• Visited July 2013