“Not bad, not good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We were expecting more from this Bacco. The food was nothing special . My wife order a risotto and was a very normal rice with some seafood. I ordered some meat with a red wine sauce and was better but not excellent. The wine a Chiantti reasonable for ?39. In fact the best was the service but this was not enough to give a better rating.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had dinner here on our last night in town, thankfully on a cold snowy night it was only a few mins wld from the hotel(Concorde). The restaurant was not very busy but that was not too surprising for a Monday night in Feb.
The staff were friendly and attentive and the decor and atmosphere very pleasant.
My starter of a warm squid salad was a bit dissapointing, lacking in flavor ,salt and lemon juice.
My partner was happy with his food and my veal with Gorgonzola was very good.
We had a very nice bottle of Gavi to wash it down and some mieral water ,the bill came to €105 which I thought very reasonable.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The scallops at this restaurant are possibly the best I have had anywhere in the world, seasoned and cooked perfectly. Wonderful simple pasta, great wine and would have got 5 stars had it not been for the very disappointing dessert. A real shame as in every other way, this is an outstanding restaurant.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you`re looking for an experience that's as authentically Italian as it gets in northern Germany, then this is for you. First and foremost the food is excellent, both in terms of choice and preparation, and there's always an intriguing special of the day. By the way, the kitchen is Tuscan, so don't look for Pizza. Nice winelist, too.

The other Italian-ish thing about it is the decor, which is whimsical, to say the least. No cool or trendy elements, which for me is comforting among all the faceless Vapianos and such.

Also, it's best if you take the time to really spend the evening here. It's the opposite of fast food, which is what I'm looking for, and does the quality a ton of good.

Needless to say, it isn't cheap, but definitely great value for money.

1  Thank Frank N
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great standard Italian food - grilled fish amazing
White wine selection bit limited and pricey
Would go back