“I like to go to Diekmann each time I'm in Berlin”
Review of Diekmann

Diekmann
Ranked #238 of 9,108 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Diner, French, German
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Description: Restaurant Diekmann is located a few minutes walk from the big shopping street Kurfurstendamm. Therefore it is right in the center of West Berlin although it is hidden in a small and quiet street. Once you have discovered what awaits you behind the ivy-covered entrance, you will be unable to resist its charm. The atmosphere inside is distinctly influenced by furniture from 1870; giving a hint of the simplicity of the general store it used to be before the Diekmann became a restaurant – step by step. It all began in 1982 when the founder started to sell plain lentils and rice. Quickly it became a bistro and then it first opened as a restaurant in 1985. Gourmets and connoisseurs appreciate the classy but privat atmosphere and details like the menu written by hand that gives the Diekmann its special touch. The German and French cuisine serves as the basis, special focus is given to regional products. The oysters are coming straight away from Bretagne, France, where we know the oystercatcher himself. Another focus is given to wines. There are vineyards on the menu which are well known but also some smaller ones, to whom we have enjoyed a good relationship for many years. Since 30 years, Patrice Voisin is the restaurant manager and some kind of soul of the house.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I went back to Diekmann last night and had another superb meal. Last night I had a warm sheep's cheese starter and guinea fowl for the main dish. Both were delicious. My friends had lamb and pork. All of the presentations were gorgeous without being overly theatrical--really appealing and classic. I agree that the place can appear stiff, but it's not--just a nice casual elegance.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I went to this restaurant following the advice of my hotel’s concierge. When I arrived in front to it, I thought this was not a nice place to have an “informal” dinner: it seemed to be pretentious even if the atmosphere was not so elegant.
I was wrong.
The restaurant staff was very kind and immediately accommodated our small group (we were 5) in a table on the sidewalk. There was not so much space, but it was quite nice, with white linen and candles.
We choose both fish and meat (trout and veal), and all the dishes were extremely well presented and – this is the most important thing – extremely good.
When it started raining, we were accommodated inside: a nice and cozy space, with white country style furniture (it looked like an old fashioned grocery shop). We choose a couple of dessert and they were really really good.
They also have a good wine selection, including dessert wines and spirits.
To reach a conclusion, don’t trust first impression, go inside and taste the food.
Price: we spent approx € 300 for 3 starters, 5 main courses, 2 bottles of wine and 2 desserts.

1  Thank Elena C
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very nice settings, old colonial style, smallish restaurant. Waiters were very competent and proactive. Nice food, good choice but menu remains small, which i think is a good thing. Would definively come again if staying in the vicinity of the Ku'damm

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Outstanding service at this restaurant serving international and classic German food. The boletus tart with red wine pear was feather light and unique, and the lamb with risotto made a fabulous entree.

1  Thank Timhr950950
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Restaurant just in front of our hotel, we tried this as we didn't want to take a taxi and we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of food, the ambience and the service. Dieckmann has elegant but not posh customers and we really enjoyed it.