“Really good for the value”

Metropolitan Hotel Berlin
Ranked #311 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Really good for the value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed at a double room with a friend and it was like a 4 stars room. Charming. Also with balcony! For a really cheap price comparing to other places in Europe or in Berlim, even if in Berlim everything is a cheaper. This hotel is really good for the value. Amazing breakfast at a Bistro on the next door. The only strange thing is that you have a lift "stop" for each 2 floors so you will always have to carry your luggage up and downstairs... not a good ideia if you are a single lady arriving alone at night with 2 heavy bags. No one to help you. No free wifi but you can pay to have it (2 euros 1 hour, 3 euros 3 hours or 7,50 euros 24 hours) or use their desktop on the lounge for free. Not close to the main sights, but very close to the main shopping street and the Zoo Garden (very easy to go wherever you need and also to the airport). I stayed alone at a single room for one day when my friend left, it was very small but where do you pay less than 40 euros for a private with ensuite? Good for the value and that´s it. I´d stay there again for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in April 2012. The hotel has amazing location. It is so close to the U-bahn and very easy to find. The hotel is only 5 minutes walk from Kurfurstendamm, main shopping street. Also not far from the hotel there are 2 busses routes (100 and 200). Just catch one of them and you will see all the main attractions of the city.
The room was nice and cosy. It is simple, but you have everything you need for really low price. I didn't take breakfasts, cause I had to leave early everyday, but it wasn't a problem. Not far from the hotels there is a supermarket.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

super clean, delicious breakfast and a great location. what more can you ask for? my only issue was i had to pay for wi-fi and it didn't work but they were more than happy to refund me and i was able to use the computer in the lobby. i'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

The good:
- 49 Euro per night for a single room (39 Euro if you book far enough ahead)
- clean room and recently upgraded bathrooms
- comfortable beds
- friendly, helpful, English-speaking staff
- 10 minutes leisurely stroll to Kurfurstendamm and the eateries and shopping nearby

The bad:
- basic rooms are a little cramped
- charges for wi-fi (2 Euro per hour)
- elevators are small and it is easier to use stairs

Despite the few minor bad points, this is a great budget hotel and I'd happily stay there again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and found it to be great value for money.

We arrived into Berlin via train and took a cab from Berlin hbf to the hotel for around €15~ (can't remember exactly how much). We managed to check in late at around 11pm. My first impression of the place was the twists and turns of corridors to find my room. Glad to have found the room clean and tidy - definitely a positive after a 10hour train ride!

The hotel has bicycle rental for around €12 for 24 hours and bfast for €7. Staff was helpful with directions and lots of local shops for fruits, bread, etc and laundramat wasn't too far away. Close to some great restaurants and metro as well. Would recommend for future stays!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Jeff_Cheong
Torshavn, Faroe Islands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

Okay... Where shall I start.

When we arrived we could choose to take the staiers or the elevator. Usaully we have never been afraid of elevatiors. BUT... this one moved very very slowly and made strange sounds and additionally we had to walk one stairway anyway with our luggage beacuse it just stopped every second floor. After that we had a very long walk to our room.

- Finally we opened our door into our room and it was dirty and smelled very bad. There was a lot of dust everywhere. I don't think that someone had been dusting our room beacuse of the dust on the tabel and on the nightstands. So I had to go all the way downstairs again and ask if they could clean the room.
When we some hours later got back into our room I couldn't see any difference at all so I unfurtunaly had to clean it myself.

- The hotel is very dark and smelly inside even though it looks fine from the outside.
- You have to pay 2 euros pr. hour to get internet.
- One day our room was not cleaned before 5 pm and we had been out for the whole day so I just asked for new towels so they didn't clean the room that day. Usally they cleaned our room at 3 pm.
The cleaner seemed EXTREMLY stressed and was almost running between the rooms looking like they really tryied but the time could not reach.

- For two days we didn't have any soap because they didn't refill when they cleaned the roonm. Acutally I'll not but the blame on the cleaners beacuse I really think they should hire more employee. Poor woman hope she will find a better job!

All in all... Terrible and very unfrindly room - you will definitely find SOMETHING better than this hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pharaoh-advisor
Ukraine, kiev
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night. Hotel is simple but nice. Very good location. Bus station for a bus to the airport is 10 min walking from hotel. Shoping street is 5 min walking from hotel.
I booked single room. It was extrimely small. When I booked room and looked at the picture on the site it was a little bit different. So I would advice for solo travelers to check which kind of room is booked for them as they have too types of single rooms.

What I didn`t like is that hotel doesn`t have first aid kit. I hirted my foot in canteen and my foot was bleeding. I went to reception to ask for some medicine and they tald they don`t have anything just plaster. So I had to go back to my room and just wash my foot :-(

Breackfast was fine, canteen was nice and clean. Staff was polite.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo