Motel One Berlin-Hackescher Markt
$130
$104
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsalexanderplatz stationrooms are smallgreat locationhackescher markttv toweralexander platzhigh floorrecommend staying herefree wifiunter den lindenair conditioningpublic transportationlight sleepernice barbreakfast buffetnice roomcomfortable bed
Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you're the sort of person who likes seeing the sights and exploring, this hotel's the one for you. Its location is ideal for walking to all the main sights. If you're not into walking then the underground is right next door to the hotel.
The hotel's impeccably clean and very comfortable. I've marked it down for two main reasons. The first was that there are no safes in the rooms in which to place valuables and reception don't have one where they're prepared to put things for you either. Had to leave money, jewellery, passport etc in the rooms which we weren't happy about. The second reason is that three female members of staff we spoke to on reception had a pretty low level of English - about the same as my level of German. There were a couple of problems e.g. with the heating not working in our room which took some time to solve because of the language barrier. The problem was eventually solved though.
The cold buffet breakfast was abundant and good although it didn't have toast making facilities nor was there an option to have a cooked breakfast e.g. bacon, scrambled eggs... Plenty of other things to choose from though.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back may well be quieter. Try and get a room which doesn't look out onto the railway lines.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Excellent value for the money; our Motel One is located in the eastern part of the city, close to a key Berlin hub, and within walking distance of museums and attractions (or by public transport); young, competent, efficient staff; small rooms, but extremely clean; our room faced the courtyard and was very quiet. Buffet breakfast cost euros 7.50 per person and it is well worth it. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard and are very quiet. One has to assume that rooms facing the street could be somewhat noisy because the elevated S-Bahn (city train) tracks are on the other side of the street.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is really organized,clean and designish decorated Motel in Berlin. And employee are very helpful and friendly.Rooms are minimalist designed and very comfortable. Very good breakfast they preparing and enough dinner menu they have.Bar price is very budget friendly.
Subway is very close to motel. for business or for family,for any request thats very good solution.Price normally good but busy season can be a little more high.Recommend earlier.
but please don't leave something to reception for somebody else to pick. No one responsible and can lost. My bag I left to reception,they found 1 week later.Thanks they found :)

Room Tip: any one for what you need.But street side more scenic.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My partner and I checked into Motel One at 5:30am after a disastrous night at a nearby hostel. Despite it being hours before check-in time, the guy on reception let us up to our room for a sleep and did not charge us for that night as he could see we were clearly sleep deprived. We then stayed another two nights for only 80 euro for a decent room with the best bed and air-conditioner (which is really all you need when travelling Europe in summer). The hotel is simple, but offers everything you need for a great price. The staff are always willing to help and do so with a smile. We would definitely go back if we return to Berlin. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on a budget who would rather not stay at a youth hostel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank paddlez0304
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I would NEVER stay at another Motel One again! The room and bathroom are too small, and the room and hotel (itself) is too hot, the air conditioner didn't even work after I called the maintenance people to fix it. This place is not worth the 135.00 Euros per night! I wouldn't pay $25.00 a night to stay there. Do yourself a favor and find another hotel. Otherwise be prepared to stay in a very cramped small room with a bathroom that an adult person can barely fit into. By the way I'm a thin person, and the bathroom is still too small. I WOULD NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER MOTEL ONE AGAIN. There is no place to put your luggage, so I had to step over the lugguage because the rooms are that small! Very disappointing stay at this hotel and for what you get, it's EXPENSIVE!

Room Tip: My tip is to find another hotel! Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple