“Well situated & good value for money hotel”

Motel One Berlin-Ku'damm
Ranked #182 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Situated close to the S-Bahn train station Zoologischer Garten. Good for business & to visit the city. Modern decoration, free wifi in the whole hotel, good typical German breakfast.
If you arrive at Schoenefld airport you ahve the Airport Express train which stops at Zoologischer Garten - only 3.20 € per person. Takes around 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Our first standard room was small and with direct view on the train tracks. We asked for another lar...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OliMonaco

Reviewed August 9, 2013

After finishing my conference earlier that week at a much more expensive hotel, I had some personal time to spend in Berlin. What I needed was something that was going to be significantly less than the 150 Euro per night hotel that the conference put me up in. A local recommended this hotel as being reasonably central to various bits of transit, shopping and being comfortable.

The breakfast was good. The room was clean, if a bit small. The service on the room was adequate, although I wish they would have swapped the bed linens at least once during the visit. But all of that said, it was a very good deal for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was looking for a hotel in a good area and didn't want to spend a ton of money. Motel one in Berlin, Ku-damm was the perfect place. The staff was very friendly and helpful, just a 5 minute walk to the train station, located in a great shopping area, good breakfast, and the rooms were nice and clean. My only complain is there were no closets, so my stuff felt very exposed. Solution: left all my valuables in my suitcase and locked it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I need to stay close to the Zoologischer Garten station and I have stayed in a Motel One before so after seeing the price I did not hesitate to book.

Check-in was smooth, the staff were very professional, helpful with my questions and friendly, this was the same throughout my stay, bravo!

My room faces the courtyard of another building and was very quiet at night, the room is basic but comfortable, it comes with a queen size bed, two single duvet, 2 large pillows and 2 small pillows, 2 good reading lamps by the bed, a small table, a stool, a "sofa chair" at the corner, a plasma TV, 3 tier wall shelve for storage, small area for hanging clothes with 6 hangers.

The bed was not too hard and not too soft, it was just right, the beddings were of good quality linen making sleep very comfortable.

WiFi was free and worked fine from my room.

The shower/toilet is bright, small, and very clean. Shower has good water pressure, exhaust fan works wonderfully and quietly, towels were of good quality linen, toilet paper that doesn't feel like sandpaper, and a couple of hooks behind the door.

I must add that I've visited rooms facing the railway line and I've found them surprisingly quiet, I think the double glazed window worked wonder.

For breakfast, I ate at Schwarzes Cafe near Savignyplatz on Kanstrasse once, and at the retro feel Cafe Kranzler on Ku'damm the other time. I was told Carpe Diem under the railway line off Uhlandstrasse serves very good coffee. For lunch and dinner I couldn't recommend the excellent German diner Dicke Wirtin at Savignyplatz enough. Quasimodo cafe restaurant next to the hotel also served excellent dishes based on a limited menu, it has a nice foreyard I imagine quite pleasant when the rain stops.

I really like this location, it was so convenient to dump my shopping from Ku'damm and to jump on the train/bus from the transport hub nearby. Value for money wise, Motel One has proved itself to be a reliable brand and I will continue to support it whenever I visit Germany.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank little_ostow
Reviewed June 16, 2013

great value for money
the hotel is right off Kurfüstendamm, one center of the city. a lot of sights are within walking distance, subway is right outside the hotel
many bars, restaurants and clubs neaby
the breakfast was surpisingly good, deicious croissants and resh rolls.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jkfs111
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The motel one is a very good hotel to visit Berlin. Both for vacation and business. The rooms are clean and modern, the size as not to large, but more than ok. The U-Bahn and the Bus to the Airport are very close to the hotel. It is only a short walk to the Ku'damm with a lots of shops.
I was affraid of the S-Bahn which is very close to the hotel, but the isolation is perfect and thus the roomm si quite!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times. About a block from bahnhof. I always included the breakfast for the extra 7.5 euro. Good breakfast but no hot dishes. I like having a number of different coffee drinks in the morning, having just those coffees elsewhere would exceed the price of breakfast. I was there 6 nights and never tired of breakfast. Yes the rooms are small and no wardroom but there was adequate room for my stuff. TV okay with some English channels. Wifi worked well. I would have liked a mini fridge. I frequently got cokes or beer from nearby Ullrich market. There are two entrances/exits to the market and leaving the one on Kantstrasse is about half a block from hotel entrance. I do miss not having an ice machine like US hotels.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo