“So and so...”

Motel One Berlin-Ku'damm
Ranked #182 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I visited Motel One KuDamm in April 2011 with friends. We liked the decoration of the hotel, the rates that are ideal for budget travellers and its close position to public transport.
However there were some disadvantages. There was no heating in the rooms, we had to pay the full amount before even check in! There was no phone in the room and we could not communicate as we were on different floors. I believe there are better options to stay in Berlin.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 26, 2011

Stayed at Motel One for three days and was pleasently surprised. Fine rooms, excellent cleaning, and a good (and large) breakfast buffet for only 7½ €. Though it is only at two-star hotel is has everything you need and is probably one of the best hotels for such a low price.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on 8th or the 9th floor!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I stayed in this hotel everytime I went to Berlin. its my second home out there.
love their style, mix of modern and cozy, the staff are so friendly, breakfast was very good. rooms were always clean even when I got really small ones.
It has the best locations in Berlin, this one is walking distance from several Uban stations, main bus stop is 5 minutes away, the Belrin Zoo, the BEST doner is right next door, shopping central area is very close. Its also very affordable. totally recommended.

My German friends used to leave their house and come stay with me

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Definitely worth a shot. Will stay at another Motel One in Koeln this summer. Clean but small. Definitely ok if you're out exploring all day. TV practically non-existent - if that's how you need to unwind @ the end of the day. Free wi-fi in lobby. Quick elevators. Nice staff. Decent breakfast - but for almost 7 Euro.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This place doesn't offer all the aspects of luxury, but the very important one - the air-conditioner. All the other things are necessities, and the package is most satisfying - there is everything you need for a good night rest and a cheerful start of a new day. The building faces the S-Bahn (city railway) station, but you don't hear a sound from the outside, when in your room.
The hotel is clean, comfy, conveniently located and not expensive.
They serve good breakfast, too.
The staff is friendly and helpful.
I'll definitely return there, when I am in Berlin next time.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I had a good experience overall in this hotel. This is because I knew more or less what to expect and was pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed. First of all, the hotel looks out over the train line, almost just above Zoo station, so you do hear the trains. However, the soundproofing is amazing. You can't hear anything of the traffic on the streets at all. I am very fussy about sleep, but I found the dull shush of trains to be non-intrusive. The view might be a bit depressing, just over train lines, but that didn't bother me so much either in the context of a business trip. The bed was pretty comfortable and I had a good sleep. You can't expect the usual luxuries in the room - no phone, no mini bar, no kettle, no iron, no shampoo, etc etc. But the shower is great, and the hairdryer is good too. It feels new, clean and fresh. The staff were friendly, the lobby bar was laid-back (no food though). I would recommend the hotel overall, but not for all visitors.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I stayed in the Motel One Ku'damm in Berlin for four nights while being on a city break in Berlin. This hotel has only two stars, but should have at least three in my opinion.
Positive points:
- Nice and trendy lobby
- Nicely decorated rooms, with comfortable beds and a flat screen. Room was even bigger then I had anticipated. When booking the hotel, because it was only a two star, I was a bit fearfull that the rooms would be the size of a shoebox. However, this is not the case: rooms are a decent size: you easily can spend some time in them relaxing after a day of sightseeing and while preparing for dinner.
- Modern, well-equiped bathrooms.
- Cleaning was done very thoroughly.
- Great breakfast: selection of various rolls and breads, croissant, cheese and cold cuts, boiled eggs. Very good orange juice and excellent latte machiato's.
- Although the hotel is located next to the track, you will not hear a thing: great isolation. The rooms directly facing the track even have double windows (not double glazing, but really double windows)
- They store your luggage on your last day if you have a late flight: it is kept in a locked room.
- Maybe the most important thing: very nice staff, especially the manager who was on duty most of the time during our stay. Originally we were only supposed to stay for three nights. Unfortunately we ended up missing our flight to Brussels due to some problems with Deutsche Bahn (trains to Schönefeld Airport being cancelled, etc.) and we had to stay a full day extra as a result. So we asked the service desk at the airport to phone the hotel to confirm they had rooms avaiable. When we arrived back at the hotel in the city centre, after a gruelling trip with our luggage, the manager was very nice to us and gave us a free upgrade to a superior room.

I will recommend this hotel to anyone going to Berlin (and the Motel One chain in general, as I understand they have hotels in various German cities) and when I return to Germany I will certainly choose it again.

As for Berlin, it was my first time in this city and I did not know what to expect. I absolutely loved it though. It is a very beautiful city, very cultural, and the shopping is divine.
You certainly have to visit the Sony Center at the Potzdamer Platz. Also, you can try to get a private tour of the Reichstag (German parliament): you can e-mail their visitors service and make a request for a tour. If your request gets honored (which is not sure, because the tours are in high demand) you get a ninety minutes free tour with a guide through parts of the Reichstag that are not open to other visitors. Afterwards you can visit the Dome without having to wait in line (which can take up to two hours). We got lucky and were allowed to take the tour and it was great. Furthermore, you should also visit the Neues Museum with the famous buste of Egyptian queen Nefertete.
For restaurants, definitely try Tres, a great Spanish restaurant / tapasbar, we stumbled upon one evening. It is located at the Lychener Strasse in the Prenzlauer Berg district. It has the greatest tapas platter and main courses are also very good. I can also recommend Mr Hai at the Savignyplatz, a thai / vietnamese restaurant and Kuchi, in the Kantstrasse which indeed has great sushi.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple