“Super duper!!!”
Review of Pension Elefant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berlin
Pension Elefant
Ranked #18 of 188 Berlin B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Super duper!!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

This is the most fabulous place to stay in the whole of Berlin. The rooms are very spacious, light and clean. Breakfast is yummy.
Rainer and Ole are super friendly and make you feel most welcome.
The location is really lovely.
I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Great place to stay and really really nice owners (thanks guys for making us feel so welcome).We used this as our base for our 5 night stay in Berlin and i cannot fault it at all,its in a great location for everything.Breakfast was really good.Great neighbourhood with some good restaurants and we felt really safe even late at night walking around.

Room Tip: We had a room in the guesthouse for the first 2 nights and then we had one of the apartments for the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Great place in the middle of gay Berlin! The hosts are very friendly and helpful, the breakfast plentiful, and the rooms super! And the beds are really really good!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Our stay in Berlin all be it a short one was most enjoable at the Pension Elefant. Rainer, the owner, made us feel more than welcome, & was a very social host.
It had a really relaxed atmosphere, Rainer supplied us with lots of helpful information with sight seeing attractions & dining.
It was a joy to chat over brekki with other guest and share stories of travel adventrues. The food was in good supply.
We'd taken an Apartment (as other guest rooms had been booked) This was located a short walk from where Breakfast was held, but no problem. The apartment was in a great location, easy accessable to Department store, Grocery store, Dining, & Transport. Very clean & quiet. Would have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel to you. Parking permit is available for guests. Overall my guy & I were very happy with & would stay there again. Thanks Rainer :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mic1962
Amsterdam
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is set in an ideal location , not far from the underground station , for your main line connection to the airport express train , not far from the main high street for shopping
The guesthouse is very clean and tidy , the owners are very friendly and helpful , it is good value for money , the breakfast is very good , the rooms are very large , I would recommend this place to any one who is staying a short time , the owners make you very welcome and it feels more like a family atmosphere than like a more formal Hotel reception , I often stay here when I visit Berlin .

Room Tip: the rooms are set in a quiet area
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Raymond D
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I loved my stay in Berlin, most due to this place.

I was travelling alone as I flew in to meet a friend who lives in Berlin, and some fellow Aussie travellers. Rainer, Berndt and Ole made me feel at home. I even wore socks to breakfast- I never do that in hotels!

The room is massive- it is probably the biggest room you'll ever stay in, in your life! I loved the high ceilings and feeling of calm the room had about it.

The suburb is one of the safest in Berlin. There's a gay bar next door I accidently walked into when I was trying to find Rainer (lol), but the guys there had a good old chat to me and made me feel really welcome. It left me with a warm first impression of Berlin.

Despite being next to a bar, it's really quiet (almost unusual for it to be that quiet), which is great because I like a nice quiet room.

I still dream about the cheese and bread rolls for breakfast- don't get me confused, the bread and cheese was the best bread and cheese I've had in my life! Among bread and cheese, they serve you yoghurt, tea, coffee, toast with various spreads, ham, cucumber, tomatoes. It was a fantastic start to the day.

Also, the beds are clean and comfy! The rooms are nice and warm...what else can I say?

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We stayed at Pension Elefant during our two-and-half day visit to Berlin. The apartment is located near to KaDeWe and Wittenbergstrasse U-Bahn/S-Bahn station, which makes travelling in and around Berlin really easy and cheap. Due to the high parking fees in Berlin, we decided to leave our car in a no parking fee district just two blocks off of our pension. The whole two and a half days we did not use our car inside Berlin and this turned out to be the perfect decision. The owner's of the pension are super friendly and hospitable and will take care of all your wishes: hair dryer, late check-in, late check-out, paper bags for sandwiches. The rooms are spacious, very clean and offer amenities such as flat-TV, minibar, wardrobe and lots of indirect lighting. Breakfast was served by the two owners starting from 8/9 am until 11am. Due to our rather spontaneous and quick travel planning we only discovered upon arrival that the pension is located in the gay district of Berlin, which is also reflected in some decorations and magazines inside the rooms. Even though we were a little surprised, we had no problems whatsoever and the owner's cleared the room from the unwanted information material. If you are a regular couple maybe give them a call first and tell them, so they can adjust the room well in advance.

Room Tip: All rooms have rather high ceilings, which shouldn't come as a surprise since the entire apartme...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple