“Fine hostel as long as you know what your getting yourself into.”

baxpax downtown Hostel Hotel
Ranked #40 of 362 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Baxpax Downtown Berlin is good, solid hostel. Location wise it's perfect as you're very close to Friedrich Strasse Banhof and all the other transport links that go through there. It's clean, the staff are very friendly, helpful and all in all it has a nice atmosphere.

I just think people coming here have to realise that it's more of a "party" hostel than the ones I'm used to. I happily accepted the free shot I was given on arrival because the queue for checking in was so long but that is indicative of the experience. No kitchen facilities so you can't self-cater, the social areas all have music playing in and although it's sensitive to the time of day there didn't seem to be a quiet seating area. This doesn't ruin the atmosphere, they do have a bar/cafe attached and I guess with the whole of Berlin on your doorstep it's hard to compete. I just think people need to be aware that it's a 4* party hostel but only a 2* for backpackers doing a lot of travel on a budget.

I'll finish on a positive. The staff were all really good, fun, friendly and helpful, even on the 1st of January when my room key was no longer working.

I'd go back here again.

Room Tip: The cheapest room, a 32 bed dorm, was clean, quiet and with an emphasis on being for sleep, far bett...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed December 19, 2012

"+":
-wifi
-close to train station
-close to city center
-good atmosphere

nothing to add.nothing to add.nothing to add.nothing to add.nothing to add.bothing to add.nothing to add.nothing to add.nothing to add.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Evgeny S
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Baxpax has new stuff and lots of fun! It is just in the center of Berlin and near a street with lots of restaurants, bars.. well, nightlife!
With very polite staff, they recommend good atractions (a walking tour which was also the best I have ever taken).
I recommended BaxPax Downton to other friends who really liked it.

Room Tip: I took a studio with 2 other friends, very good!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank inforzato
Reviewed December 7, 2012

A friend and I just returned from 3 nights at Baxpax downtown and all I can say is wow! It exceeded every possible expectation. We stayed in an apartment room which had a microwave, hob, dishwasher and fridge which was such a massive bonus. The beds were so comfy we had trouble getting up in the morning and the central heating was excellent - important in temperature of minus six! The bar area was cosy with a lovely fire and reasonably priced drinks and all the staff were really friendly. Aside from how great inside the hostel was, maybe the best thing was the location - totally central, really easy to get around and a stone's throw from the Alexanderplaz . I plan to come back to Berlin and will definitely be staying at BaxPax.

Room Tip: Getting an apartment room is definitely worth the extra cash!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I don't have anything bad to say about this hostel. We got great service, clean room and a good location. We were five friends, staying in a room for 5 people. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were cleaned every day.

Very good hostel, and so so cheap!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Incredible place!! Totally recommended Hostel, the environment was awesome. I was there last December 2011 with my friends and I got a nice room just for me and them, the cleanliness and the space of guest-rooms are excellent. The staff members are so helpful, they provide me the main info of Berlin and also of the heritage places. I had a very nice experience and my friends too, from the beginning til the end of my stay the staff was totally kind and friendly. If sometime are in Berlin, must stay in Baxpax Hostel...they are placed in a very comfortable place to get any other site of the Downtown.

Room Tip: "Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Lovely place! Stayed for 2 nights with my boyfriend on a short trip to Berlin. We were in a private double room that was comfortable, clean and efficient... Although maybe a little too efficient - my boyfriend said that if he spent too long on the toilet the lights went off!! Also, the shower needed to be pushed every 30 seconds or so to keep it going, which wasn't ideal, but was manageable. Would stay here again if I ever visit Berlin.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple