“Better than any 4* hotel I've ever stayed in”

baxpax downtown Hostel Hotel
Ranked #39 of 357 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed December 7, 2012

A friend and I just returned from 3 nights at Baxpax downtown and all I can say is wow! It exceeded every possible expectation. We stayed in an apartment room which had a microwave, hob, dishwasher and fridge which was such a massive bonus. The beds were so comfy we had trouble getting up in the morning and the central heating was excellent - important in temperature of minus six! The bar area was cosy with a lovely fire and reasonably priced drinks and all the staff were really friendly. Aside from how great inside the hostel was, maybe the best thing was the location - totally central, really easy to get around and a stone's throw from the Alexanderplaz . I plan to come back to Berlin and will definitely be staying at BaxPax.

Room Tip: Getting an apartment room is definitely worth the extra cash!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for baxpax downtown Hostel Hotel

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I don't have anything bad to say about this hostel. We got great service, clean room and a good location. We were five friends, staying in a room for 5 people. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were cleaned every day.

Very good hostel, and so so cheap!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Incredible place!! Totally recommended Hostel, the environment was awesome. I was there last December 2011 with my friends and I got a nice room just for me and them, the cleanliness and the space of guest-rooms are excellent. The staff members are so helpful, they provide me the main info of Berlin and also of the heritage places. I had a very nice experience and my friends too, from the beginning til the end of my stay the staff was totally kind and friendly. If sometime are in Berlin, must stay in Baxpax Hostel...they are placed in a very comfortable place to get any other site of the Downtown.

Room Tip: "Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Lovely place! Stayed for 2 nights with my boyfriend on a short trip to Berlin. We were in a private double room that was comfortable, clean and efficient... Although maybe a little too efficient - my boyfriend said that if he spent too long on the toilet the lights went off!! Also, the shower needed to be pushed every 30 seconds or so to keep it going, which wasn't ideal, but was manageable. Would stay here again if I ever visit Berlin.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ally S
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was by far the best of many hostels I have stayed in throughout Europe! Clean and overall nice place, great facilities, close to the s bahn, shops and places to eat, close to the central attractions, staff friendly. Also, it's crazily cheap! The only slight problem was the roof terrace being closed, but this was minor, and probably fair with less than perfect weather!

I highly recommend this hostel! Brilliant place and brilliant value! :D

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Baxpax greatest advantage is friendly and very helpful staff. It's located within walking distance from the main attractions and also close to the subway. A lot of young, international travelers so it's easy to make new friends while hanging out by the pool or in the lobby. I'll definitely stay there next time I go to Berlin.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

The location is excelent, walking distance of many points of interest and train (S) or metro (U) stations. Staff is young and very friendly, always willing to help and give cool hints about places and best ways to move around. The big problem for me was the manager, who charged me an extra night (they made a big confusion with my reservation: as I did it over the site and got no confirmarion within a few days, I sent an email asking if everything was fine. Result: they made 2 reservations, on from the automatic site engine and the other from the inquiring email). As I reserved a private room, they overcharged me in 50 Euros due to the *cancelation of the second reservation*!! Then I tried to speak with the manager, but he/she was always *too busy in an important appointment*. After 3 of 4 attempts of talking to the manager I gave up on the 50 Euros vanished away in order not to spoil my holidays. So, my conclusion is: go there for the location, nice staff and cleaning services. But take care at the moment of booking and be prepared for a good headache if you find any organizational issues during your stay because you will have none to discuss it over.

• Stayed: September 2012