Hotel Pension Elegia
$97
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

$117
$528
$277
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $311/night.

• Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We know and love this part of Berlin (the area between SavignyPlatz and the Ku'damm), which is why we choose the apartment within the hotel. My wife, daughter, her husband and I stayed here over four nights and found the place to be good value and just what we wanted.

The actual enterance is a little strange, you walk through the main body of the huge tennement block which houses the hotel into the cetral garden area before reaching the reception. Not a problem, just a little wierd. Up a few stairs and you are in the newly refurbished flat. Bright, airy and plenty of room for the four of us. Only mini draw back was they only cleaned every other day and the towels were a bit thin and tired, could have been better quality and changed daily, but we didn't pay 5 star prices, so we certainly didn't complain, we did however ask for extra toilet rolls!

Didn't have breakfast (or use the kitchen, as it was Euro 6 for each at breakfast and an extra Euro 10 per day if you used the kitchen fridge, cooker etc). There are a selection of bakeries and deli's within 100 metres, so breakfast is easy and cheap.

In a nutshell: very pleasant stay, would use again if in a small party of four, no more, even though it sleeps six.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Lincolnshirechap
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We stayed at this same pension in 2004 when it was under different ownership and loved the personal service, the location and the price. Obviously, the location is still great, but the price has doubled and the service is basically non-existent. Breakfast is now a paid add-on, the pension's office was usually closed and our room had very little bedding. Moreover, we couldn't get our WiFi connection to work and our room wasn't cleaned one of the days. While there's nothing horrible about this place it is sadly not the B&B-type service some might remember from its previous incarnation as Pension Niebuhr. It is however clean and still in a top-notch, yet quiet, location. I'd think it not too hard to find something better in Berlin for the same price though.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Hotel Pension Elegia is very minimal -- but a good value if you don't care about the extras. It's in a great location (Savignyplatz), just around the corner from Ku'Dam and good local dining. The room was clean but spare. Breakfast is two doors down at a Greek restaurant, but it is good and the staff are friendly.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2007

I stayed in a single room of the Hotel Pension Elegia from December 05 to December 11 2007. The Hotel Elegia is a very small hotel/pension on the first floor of a house which also contains private apartments.

Positive:
+ Good location, 2 minutes from S-Bahn-station Savignyplatz and 3 minutes from Kurfürstendamm.
+ Friendly staff.
+ Breakfast is brought to room from 8 am to 10 am (you can tell the time at the arrival).

Negative:
- Noisy rooms: You can hear everything from the corridor and from the street, but it is a street with not much traffic and pedestrians. You can also hear TVs, rooms being locked and stuff from your neighbour rooms.
- (Some of?) the (single?) rooms are not equipped with an own bathroom, although promised, but the bathroom is close to the rooms. The hotel staff asked me if I wanted me to be the only user of the bathroom and at first wanted to charge EUR 7.- per night for that. When I insisted that the room price on hotel.de was including the bathroom, they apologized and gave it to me for free.
- The promised safe was missing, but I did not have valuable things left in my room, so I did not care. There was also no hairdryer as promised.
- A lot of keys (1 x front door, 2 x hotel floor, 1 x hotel room) which you have to carry around because the reception is closed from 9 pm until 8 am
- The room key also fitted the bathroom door lock (which is understandable), BUT the toilet key from the toilet lock also fitted the room door lock!!! So that seems to mean that everybody having access to the bathroom also has access to your hotel room!?! I noticed this 1 day before leaving, so I did not mention it.
- The towels were changed only once during my stay of 6 nights (after the 2nd night). When I threw them at the floor to have them changed again after some other nights, I found the same towels hanging in the bathroom again (containing the same spots as the ones I had thrown on the floor), so they had just been picked up and not been changed.
- There was only 1 toilet paper roll and no spare roll which resulted in buying spare rolls by myself at the drugstore.
- The cleanliness all in all was ok, there is nothing to really complain about, but I would not have eaten from the floor either. This probably also has to do because the house and the rooms are not really new.

All in all not bad for the price of EUR 44.- per night and single room, but I would not honestly recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank Jason1980
Reviewed November 26, 2007

The hotel is near Savignyplatz train station, the excellent Bleibtreu cafe and bar and for a late night drink check out the Zwiebelfisch bar. The hotel is really a bed and breakfast. It's a small family run affair with friendly staff. The rooms are basic but clean, warm and quiet. The area is quiet and safe at all hours of the day and night. There is no dining area and breakfast is served in the bedroom. It lies just about 5 minutes walk from the long and busy Kurfürstendamm. If you're looking for something cheap, cheerful and comfortable then this place ticks all the boxes.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)