“Close to public transport”

Atrium Charlottenburg Hotel
Ranked #379 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Close to public transport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This 3 star hotel is situated - together with a series of other hotels - close to the Charlottenburg S-train station and at the busstop of a.o. bus 109 (to/from Tegel airport). There is a lot of traffic, however it was possible to sleep with the window open at night.The "double-room" was very - and too small - and had only one chair. Breakfast was OK.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gunnar G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
ATHENS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel is located very near the Charlottenburg S Bahn station, on Kaiser Friedrich str, and near Kant str, and not far from Kudam. I had long strolls to these places, and to the Charlottenburg summer palace, bearing the Queen Soplie-Charlotte's name, now under reconstruction, as is most of Berlin town nowadays! The hotel has some difficulty to get in, if you move on a wheelchair, as I , because there was a side entrance for the wheelchairs, which was usually locked and I had to knock on the outside window of the reception room window glass to let the receptionist know I was waiting for them to open the gate for me, and let me in the hotel. Well, no big problem. My room was on the ground floor and the windows gave to the car parking area and there was some noise. I had the impression I was looked at, by the people that frequented the parking area, through the transparent curtains. The furniture in the room was for more than one persons, there were two beds and an armchair-couch, plus the usual hotel furniture. The electric plugs were unduly hidden behind the excess beds, and it took a young gentleman's (named Archun) kind help to plug my tablet in, behind the furniture. Wi-fi costed 3 euros for 24 hours. The bathroom was easily accessible and wide, very comfy, with warmth radiator hangers to dry washed socks and underwear and moist towels. A few things made me unhappy in the beginning, but when I left, I think I had made friends with all the people there, one family I think, from Russia. I was invited to stay there again, and probably I will! Thank you Nathalia, and Evgenia, who cleaned my room daily, Yelena and Roxana for your help,and especially Archun who helped with the electric plugs and thank you for the kind information and conversation, all. Thank you,Vladimir for carrying my luggage to the nearby bus stop to Tegel airport! Thank you all, even those whose name I didn't learn!

Room Tip: ground floor rooms are a bit noisy, because of the car park next to the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SPYRIDON-OF
Varna, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

One night at the hotel yet very nice impression. Wide room with 4 beds was given to me as a single room, price was incredible - 29 EUR!!! No breakfast included, probably it is worth getting one for 5-6 EUR as the Back factory bakery nearby will cost you almost the same with a croissant and coffee.
Bed and pillow were great, bathroom really ok and I enjoyed it. The only minus, as most of Germany, is the paid internet. Anyway, they had 1 PC downstairs where you can use it for free.

Room Tip: Book through their website.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank chavdar75
Pernes-les-Fontaines, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were 6 people (four adults, a 10 year old an 18 month old toddler). The room was small - but we had 2 double beds and a single bed. The towels were good and the shower in the bathroom was clean and had lots of hot water for us all. The parking system is not great - on our first night we were asked to move the car at 11pm. (Price seems good though at 10EUR per night)? Breakfast was more than expected in terms of quantity but we only had it once. We stayed two nights in total. Although we had a car, the hotel seems to be very nicely situated. It was really noisy on the Saturday night but not too bad to disrupt sleep. It was also warm which was important to us as the temps outside were extremely low and we had snow.

Room Tip: Probably try to be away from the parking lot side
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Arumlillies
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

it was our first time in berlin and we stayed four nights. the hotel is old and far away from the sightseeings but the means of transportation are very close. the room was clean enough but also very tiny.we asked for a double bed and smokers room but we didn t have any of these.the breakfast had variety but not quality. next time in berlin i would prefer another hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

We booked and paid for two rooms with double bed for one night. On arrival we were given one room with two single beds. On pointing out the mistake we were provided with two rooms with single beds pushed together, one room actually had four single beds in it. If we had known tht their "doubles" were actually singles, then we would have booked two single rooms and paid less. Very functional, quite clean, warm but nothing more than place to pass through. Did not appreciate the Russian gentleman surfing the web on the computer in reception for girls.

Room Tip: Check what you are getting in the way of beds
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Berlin hotels

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Don't confuse this hotel like i did, this IS NOT the Hotel artim on Fuggstrasse near Berlin centre, this is a different hotel completely. I booked this hotel by mistake and couldnt change it, so decided just to go with it.

The hotel is superbly located to overland charlottenburg station, ideal to get to Schonfeld airport (ryanair and easyjet), and a 5 min walk to the u bahn station nearby. Rooms bit small and basic, but breakfast very good and plentiful. Very clean and well located, I would stay again as its great value for money.

Hotel Artim, is a much better hotel, but only if you want to pay the difference.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple