Pension Peters
$157
$153
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshigh ceilings and large windowsoptional breakfastfamily roomsavignyplatz s bahn stationpublic transportationyour disposalgiving us directionscity westthere is free wi fibahnhof zoolocal transportstayed here for nightsstreet sidelocation is excellentminute walkyour doorsteptegel airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I spent four nights at Pension Peters in November 2012 and I recommend it.

I arrived at about 7 pm. I was notified that the office is not open after 6 pm and my key will be held at Hefner Bar, in the same building as Pension Peters. That took all of one second. However, I could not find the right door and it was raining lightly. Some guests of the Pension saw me with my bags and guided me inside.

The room was basic but everything worked. I especially appreciated the heated towel rack, for drying clothes. There is no air-conditioning, no phone, no elevator and the clock on the TV was not correct. The internet connection is interrupted frequently. The room door is a double dead bolt. Lighting for in-bed reading is good.

The highlight was definitely the bountiful breakfast. There was four kinds of cold cuts, cheeses, yogurt, excellent bread, scrambled eggs with juices and coffee.

The staff could not have been more helpful. Pension Peters supplies guests with their own map of Berlin which shows Berlin in different scales, the immediate vicinity, the area and the city. They guided me to take Bus 100 and 200 which covers the main tourist spots and can be taken from nearby Zoo Station. Currywurst is the national dish. At Zoo Station 2 sausages, french fries with mayo, 4.7 euro. Beer 1.6 euro.

The area is full of restaurants. Across the street from Peters Pension is Dick Wirtin, an old Berlin pub. The breaded pork chop is huge, with mesh potato underneath, plus a cucumber salad, 11.90 euros. The Konig Pilsner is 3.2 euros for 0.4-liter. Terrific place. There are several 'supermarkets' which is the size of convenience stores in the US.

An S-bahn station is about 150 meters away.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank WWLL
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed 4 nights in early Sept. 2012. Staff are VERY friendly and helpful. Our room on the second floor was very large with big windows, lots of light and very clean. Breakfast was wonderful and in a bright ground level room looking out on the street. Easy 1 KM walk to the Zoo transportation hub to catch buses and trains. Tons of reasonably priced restaurants within easy walking distance. (a few blocks). The only downside was our room was above the bars, and Berliners like to party until 3:30 A.M. all week long. Yes, you can close the windows, but then the room gets stuffy. Bring ear-plugs and have a good sleep, because this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: You can try asking for a room that doesn't sit over the bars on the street for something a little quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

As others have written, conveniently located in western Berlin between two train stops. Zoo stop is also end of line for many buses.
Had room #12, a single room facing courtyard. Quiet. Doesn't get sunlight. Basic furniture, small toilet. Poor lighting not conducive for reading. Needs a luggage rack. Had to put suitcase on trash can. The upholstered chair should be replaced with a plastic or wooden chair that can be easily cleaned. Also small rug seemed dirty so I tried to avoid touching it.
Daisy, Uwe and Charlie were so helpful. Good info about the city, even called hotels in other cities for me to book ahead.

Neighborhood nice, safe and pleasant for walking around. Lots of restaurant choices.
Breakfast fine but boring after a couple of days. Needs some variety.

Despite the criticism, I would recommend it especially because of the friendly service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at Pension Peters for four nights during the weekend of 28 September to 1 October (Berlin Marathon). The rooms are spotlessly clean and tidy as are the beds and the excellent shower. The hotel itself is situated in the prestigious SavignyPlatz and is close to a large number of cafes and restaurants and the S Bahn. Pension Peters represents excellent value for money and I recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

While I was initially a bit worried about our room based on the condition and cleanliness of the hallways, I was pleasantly relieved when we entered our room. Our room was clean and spare but completely sufficient for our needs. The free wifi was a bit tricky at times, but overall didn't prevent us from doing what we needed to do online. Breakfast was the same everyday, but there was enough variety for me, and it was all good. It's conveniently located to both an S-Bahn and U-Bahn station, and the bus from the airport dropped us off just a few blocks away. A good value option.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple