“Absolutely Brilliant Tour”

Insider Tour
Ranked #1 of 398 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get to grips with this fascinating city by taking a tour with Berlin's most informative and entertaining walking tour company. Insider Tour guides are experts on the sprawling history and intriguing culture of Berlin and, as you will see, they have a special talent for sharing their knowledge. Providing tours in Berlin since 1996, Insider Tour is committed to ensuring that each and every tour provides visitors with a truly memorable experience. Our walking tours are inexpensive, with prices starting at just 9 euro for a four-hour, in-depth, high-quality tour that acquaints you with the different aspects of this fantastic city that has become one of Europe's most popular destinations. First-timers here can get an overview of Berlin, encompassing both its chequered past and its dynamic present, with our comprehensive Famous Walk: Hidden Berlin & All the Main Sites tour, while those looking for a more detailed history may wish to try out one of our specialised tours, such as the Third Reich, Cold War, Jewish Berlin, Potsdam and Sachsenhausen tours or our twice-weekly day trip to Dresden.We look forward to welcoming you to Berlin!
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I went on a guided Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp tour in Berlin with Maria she was an incredibly brilliant guide, she said that is such a horrible story that has happened here and it's very important to not forget that. So true. I recommend her warmly. I learn a lot on this trip. Thank You Maria.

1  Thank Berit L
Write a ReviewReviews (12,974)
All reviews
in 312 reviews
"berlin wall"
in 286 reviews

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We attended the walk tour with Nikolai on our second day in Berlin. It was our best day. He was very knowladgeable, he knew what he was doing the all time. We listened to him talking about Berlin's history as we are watching a very exciting movie. You should definitely go on a walk tour to have a general idea of landmarks and museums in Berlin, then you can decide which parts you wanna spend more time in.
Since we were so happy with our walk tour we decided to attend concentration camp tour the next day.Our guide was Mike and he is an awesome guide for sure. However, it was freaking cold and it is a 6 hours tour with no lunch or coffee breaks. We were so cold we could not manage to listen to Mike sometimes. Unless you are really interested in history i would not recommend this tour. He was speaking little too fast but if you tell him, he slows down so no worries. I really like how he helped us on the way back from the camp about our plans in Berlin. He was so helpful. Great guide but not so great tour!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My tour guide was Barry, a lively, educated and incredibly interesting Irish sociology student. Despite being an avid fan of German history, and having had doubts that I would be just told all the things I already knew, he made every moment engaging and fun. I cannot recommend this tour enough!

1  Thank James K
Reviewed January 15, 2014

On a trip with 17 other students of German and RS (the same one as '8Sally8'), we were given a walking tour by Mike Stack. The tour lasted about 3 hours and so could have dragged on a bit, but with Mike's infectious enthusiasm for the city and the range of places we visited, it really didn't feel like long at all. We visited a few places that I'm sure I would otherwise never seen and learnt a lot about all of them. What I found most impressive about Mike was his interest in giving the group what they wanted to see- when Mike found out that I am also an art student, he took me around some of the wall paintings in Berlin himself whilst the others went to the toilet, sharing extensive knowledge on even small aspects of Berlin. Even on the U-bahn on the way to other places Mike shared facts on random, interesting aspects of Berlin! Overall we all had a great time on the tour with an easy to listen to and ridiculously knowledgeable guide. At the end the only thing I felt I didn't know was how one person can know so much about a city!

1  Thank Andy M
See more reviews
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My family did the Famous walk with Insider Tours at the end of December 2013 with Barnaby as our guide. Barnaby was exceptional as a guide. Not only did he have an incredible knowledge of the political history of Germany, he managed to convey it in an interesting and amusing way, whilst remaining respectful of the Germans. Our two girls aged 8 and 15 even found it very interesting and provided all of us with a great knowledge base for the rest of trip to Germany. We all rated the walking tour one of the highlights of our 9 week European tour and would recommend it to anyone without reservation.

1  Thank veraison