“Doesn't seem like a hotel”

Amadeus am Kurfuerstendamm
Ranked #603 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Berlin
“Doesn't seem like a hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

the lobby is on the top floor. B'fast is exact same everyday,so for a long trip, dont buy the breakfast. Internet is horrible. Curtains to thin, hard to sleep with street lite. Would never stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Michael N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Worst service I ever have received in Europe ever.
Only cash, no credit card accepted.
Must leave a deposit of EUR40 for the key (otherwise they kick you out even if you paid the room in advance)
Extremely poor internet connection. You have to ask a password EVERY SINGLE day and for EVERY SINGLE device (laptop, smartphone...). You can spend hours to download a file. If you want a proper connection, you have to pay.
Very bad management. They ask me every morning for the breakfast card, which they didn´t ever give me.
Last day, they told me I didn´t have paid for breakfast (which I did), and made me leave the breakfast room. 10 min later, they came to my room and told me that I did pay for breakfast and I can go upstairs and have it.
No adapted for disable people, the breakfast is served on floor 7th, and there is no elevator to get there.
Amenities: only a soap bar and a shower gel. They don´t give you more, even if you stay for a whole week.
They don´t change sheets everyday and don´t mop the floor at all (the last day I could see all my hair on the carpets)
There were 4-5 wasps in the breakfast room every single day (except when it rains). They don´t seem to care the wasps are eating the food you have to eat during breakfast.
During a couple of days, it was rather chilly, and the heater didn´t work.
No bathtub cap, so you can´t take a bath

Poor management, Unfriendly
They don´t clean
Very bad wifi
Wasps in the breakfast room
Not adapted for disable people
Bad English

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Carla S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

No air conditioning for the summer, it is about a brothel - BUT, clean rooms, great wifi, 2 minutes walk from the S bahn (the train).
Hot water, clean towels (though if you want new ones you have to put them on the bath.

Overall worth it when on a budget. Been here a week.

Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I were there with family, they canceled my reservation without information about it. I've asked about cancel, but they told it is impossible. We arrived and they told we don't have room for you. What is more 2 days before they took money from our credit card... They didn't want to give back our money and what is shocking they didn't help us to find diferent hotel or something else...
I've never seen so not professional hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Ryszard J
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Simply awful.

Do not stay here if you are a single traveler or have a young family. The hotel is above a brothel and its runs like a hostel.

I was staying with a group of friends and so I felt quite safe, but I had a room to myself and did not feel safe at night. The decor is from the 60s, and the walls had damp. My room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in while, and the curtains were hanging off their rails.

The brothel is frequented by local men who (i guess) spend the night at this hotel too, as there were alot of well dressed sleazy Germen men of a certain age walking up and down the stairs from midnight onwards.

I really enjoyed Berlin and didn't want the hotel to ruin the experience for me, but I wish I had stayed somewhere else.

The only good thing about this hotel is that the staff were actually really nice. Who knows why they worked there.

Stay away.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel. If you do stay here, try not to get one overlooking the brothel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank RazeLon82
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

A clean and comfortable room in a most convenient area. Modern furniture, big bathroom, and an extra bed, which we did not pay for. However, we were asked to hand in the keys at 11 o'clock in the evening, and not later, on our last day in Berlin, since the reception closes at that time! Is this even possible? I mean, the reception is usually open all day long. It was our last night there and we might have wanted to go back to our room after 12 or something, so this was really irritating. Apart from this, nevertheless, we did not face any other difficulties. By and large, our booking was a good choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My friends and I stayed in this hotel for 5 days. Overall we were very satisfied with it. The room space was huge, the bathroom was clean and the beds were clean and newly furnished. The stuff were friendly, however we were a bit disappointed when we were told to give the keys in before 11 pm in the night because we would be leaving at 7 am in the morning and they would not be there then. Basically they locked us in overnight. Also, the sink was problematic, stuck with water in the last 2 days of our stay. But, those where the problematic areas. Other than that, S-Bahn Charlottenburg and U-Bahn Adenauplatz were comfortably near. Very easy to find the hotel coming from Tegel/Schonefeld airports.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends