“Clean, friendly, and active meeting place.”

Three Little Pigs Hostel
Ranked #23 of 362 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Three Little Pigs in Berlin is a very high quality hostel. I had no prior experience with a European hostel, but my daughter who dropped me off does. She had a very favorable first impression as compared to her bad experience at a hostel in another European city. She noticed the cleanliness right away. The common room on the first floor was pleasantly active with many people engaged in conversations, pool, watching TV, or on computers. The private room I rented on the first night was comfortably furnished. The common bathrooms were clean and in order, There was a big common kitchen on the fourth floor with all the kitchen equipment you would need to make your own meals. (I understood that there is a laundry on another floor, which I didn't see.) On the second and third nights, I stayed in a girl's six-bed dorm room. The bed linens were fresh and clean. There was a wooden box with lock clasp that could accommodate my big rolling carry-on luggage. (You need your own lock.) Being older than most hostel patrons, at check-in I mentioned in passing that I better get there right at the 3:00 PM check-in time so I can get a lower bunk. When I got to the room later, I was pleasantly surprised to find a sheet of paper designating one of the lower bunks as "Reserved" with my name. I was so impressed by such detailed attention to a guest's individual needs. They have four computers you could rent for 1 euro/half hour so you can secure your travel reservation and even print out your ticket, The all-you-can-eat breakfast is a great way to begin your day. At 6 euros it is a bargain and was my big meal for the day. They had all the breakfast food you would want, including a big urn of good coffee with lots of milk, and the best, soft, chewy rolls with lots of fresh butter. As the days went by I was pleasantly surprised to see guests of varied ages and even families with young kids enjoying the friendly ambiance of the big common recreation room. My lodging expense for three nights (including one night in a private room) was less than 100 Euros. I will definitely recommend this hostel to friends visiting Berlin.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I took a weekend trip to Berlin and booked this hostel for three nights not knowing at all what it would be like. Needless to say, we were both very pleased! The rooms were immaculate, the breakfast (only 6 Euro) was delicious, the halls were very quiet at night, and the lobby was a fun place to enjoy a couple of beers and a televised soccer match on a Friday night. The staff was very relaxed and very helpful, and the hostel itself was very centrally located to everything that we wanted to see. All in all, we will definitely be staying again next time we're in the city!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hostel really made an impress on me. Everything was so cozy and clean. the breakfast menu was also very nice. In case that I would go to Berlin again I will definitely go to this hostel once more.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

A very friendly staff, they printed up great maps of the area, breakfast is the BOMB, and even their coffee is good. A few minutes walk to the S-Bahn at Anhalter, which puts you into the main Berlin Metro and bus system for getting arounf town for tourism or business.

My room was very neat and cleaned daily (I did opt for a double room with private shower and toilet).

I love the place!

Room Tip: there really isnt a bad room in the building...
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights in a private room (2 single beds and 1 bunk bed). The room was clean and right next to the bathrooms. Beds were very comfortable. Showers were hot (if not very powerful).

The location is good. very close to potsdammer platz and other attractions.
About a 10E taxi to the more cooler bars in Kreuzberg.

The staff on the front desk were very helpful and nice.
As a hostel this place is excellent.

If the showers were a bit more powerful and we'd had a double bed in the room, this place would have been better than some hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Very good location, you can almost walk everywhere. There is no need to buy metro passes as I did. Hostel is very clean, beds are very comfortable and staff are very friendly.

Its also good place to stay if you are travelling with family or young kids.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great hostel. Very good location close to everything, nice neighbourhood. Had an amazing stay there. The only flaw we could point out with my friends is the lack of plugs in the rooms, but there are many in the lobby area. Very recomendable to have breakfast there at the hostel.