The Holocaust Memorial - Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed December 8, 2014

This is a site not to miss but there is not enough information around about what, why and how. We knew what it was about but would have liked more information rather than booking a tour.

Write a ReviewReviews (31,732)
All reviews
"information centre"
in 308 reviews
"brandenburg gate"
in 933 reviews
"murdered jews of europe"
in 275 reviews
in 559 reviews
"maze"
in 718 reviews

Reviewed December 8, 2014

For me and my students years ago...and for me and my friends recently...we found this memorial to be unique and thought-provoking. For me, personally, it's the quiet and the feeling of being alone, while the unevenness of the path keeps one off-balance. I applaud the architect for thinking outside the box.. I've seen many memorials over the years, but this one will stay with me.

Reviewed December 7, 2014

This was included on our walking tour of Berlin. It is probably not something I would have done on my own, but it was actually very impressive. We walked through it and you get an indescribable feeling that you would miss just driving by. We were there with 3 generations and all of us were moved. Close to everything, so don't miss it.

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Going through the concrete blocks is an impressive experience but the museum below makes the experience extremely personal focusing on stories, people, families in a manner that creates a strong feeling of reality and humanifying the story.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 7, 2014 via mobile

A place i wanted to visit. Found by accident walking from brandenburg gate. Very thought provoking and moving place. Just walking through you get a sense of things abd the solitude of the place. Did not know what to expect.

Travelers who viewed The Holocaust Memorial - Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe also viewed

Been to The Holocaust Memorial - Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe? Share your experiences!