Hotel-Pension Kleist
$73
$378
$298
  • Pool
All reviewssavignyplatz stationnice breakfasthotel is locatedperfect locationtowels
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The Hotel Pension Kleist is reasonably priced for a major city. Previous reviews are generally accurate. Travelers should not expect over-the-top decor (surprised at the characterization of "cute" by another reviewer), or a "write-home-about-it" breakfast (very basic by German guest haus standards or by the standard of a larger hotel, but it does the job). If driving, call ahead to reserve the street parking pass - a real deal at Euro 5 per day. What this pension offThe S-Bahn stop Savigny Platz is approximately a 15 minute walk at a reasonable pace. The Uhlan U-Bahn stop is a tad further. Several Trip Advisor reviewed restaurants are within a 5 to 10 minute walk.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Asta365
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I'm in Berlin right now and I cannot wait to write my review on this little cozy hotel; I found it very easily by taking a bus from airport (Berlin-Tegel) to Adenauerplatz. Since I arrived very early in the morning I had to wait for my room but they offered me a complete and good breakfast-buffet, wifi connection from the main room on second floor and then the escorted me to my big, nice, clean and moder room. The gave me personal keys to open my room and main entrance (there's no 24h reception since it's a famiy-owned hotel), map of the city. I asked for a single room but I got a three beds room with flat TV, sofa, hot drinks facilities. The total white bathroom is bigger than mine at home (!), with shower, towels, hair-dryer, soaps, shampoo. Everything is very essential-style, modern, no-frills. Just one thing I don't appreciate, 15' walk from U-bahn (undergound station) and it's raining today.

Room Tip: Every room is quite since the hotel is on a very quite street, no traffic outside. Ask for the biggest room when booking.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Frenki58
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We stayed for three nights. Very cheap prices, cute and clean rooms, nicely furnished. The rooms are cleaned daily, towel change on request. There's hairdrier. Single rooms can be very small so better ask for a double one.
A bit far from the metro station but there's no problem if you don't mind taking a short walk. Almost no service and they speak a very poor English, you better give a call before arriving especially if it is at night. Breakfast is ok. Highly recommended as a cheap solution.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank sushanna984
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We spent three nights in Berlin and were pleased with this hotel. The location is safe and quiet even if you are travelling by car. You can park your car in front of the hotel and it only costs 4€ per day.

The lady is very friendly and helpfull. Breakfast is good and is included it the price. Room was simple and clean but very hot because of the heat (over +40 degrees in sun)! It is easy to explore Berlin from here and in the evening you don´t have to go far to find a good restaurant. There are many good places to eat near this hotel.

But notice that this is more like a B&B than a hotel. By this I mean that be prepared to use same towels and sheets during your stay. Also the hotel doesn´t have a 24h reception. Before you arrive you are asked to tell your arrival time. Then the lady will come and let you in after you have called her (number is by the entrance). At least this happened to us and we arrived around 7 o´clock in the evening.

Good hotel with good price in a big city!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Henna80
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Spent 3 days here and everything was ok. Hotel is located in the old building, taking one of the floors, rest is residential. Rooms (at least single) are small but clear and bright. The hotel is good located near Kurfürstendamm Strasse, direct bus to/from airport, close to metro and restaurants. Despite the central location it is very quiet here, also because my window was to the courtyard side. And the main thing – it is not expensive!
I remember one thing: friendly, russian-speaking (she is from Kazakhstan) stuff member provided me water in my room exactly in the morning when I need it after I got little hangover after party at nightclub :) Thanks to them.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo