“for the perks, very affordable!”
Review of Hotel OTTO

Hotel OTTO
Ranked #15 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We were traveling on a budget and we couldn't believe that Hotel Otto fit in our budget! we had a beautiful, modern room. We were on the first floor and unfortunatly it felt like we were right on the street, also there was no AC in the room so it made it very stuffy (if we opened the windows we'd be listening to everyone on the street all night.) Hotel Otto is in a high end, beautiful part of Berlin, close to the Ubahn and walking distance to major sites. Every afternoon you can enjoy the roof top of the hotel and have unlimited coffee, cakes and tea. A very nice touch!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was in Berlin for four days and the Hotel Otto was a great place for a solo female traveler. The standard-sized room was a great size for me and the bathroom was lovely. The decor is very minimalist-modern. It was incredibly quiet even though it was on the first floor near the stairwell and elevator. The staff was friendly and super helpful, printing out directions and maps for me if I needed them. They sell public transportation tickets at the front desk which is more convenient than the Automat at the U-Bahn stations. The breakfast was absolutely lovely, and I even got it free with a voucher from Tripadvisor! Normally it's 13 euros (which is steep, but it's a really nice spread). The neighborhood is on the swankier side, with chic boutiques and restaurants. As a female I felt safe walking around the area. I would totally recommend this hotel for anyone traveling in Berlin, from solo travelers to couples. Oh, and free Wifi!! This is a huge perk in Europe, where free Wifi seems impossible to find.

Room Tip: The standard size worked fine for me since I was by myself; couples and families may want to get a l...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Hotel Otto is in walking distance of main streets and sightseeing buses, and is in a street with a range of restaurants. . Staff could not be more pleasant. Complimentary coffee and cake on the terrace overlooking the city is really added value. The elevator stops and floor don't align so some carrying of bags is necessary, but that is the only downside.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oztravAustralia
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Well with the German reputation for being uptight I can say that is far from true. I lived there I have issues with Germans which I will not bring up here as it is not relevant but this hotel is where I stayed the day before I moved into my flat and also where I stayed years later coming to visit friends. Whilst the rooms are not large, they are amazing. Cleanliness, comfort and perfectionist is how I would describe them. I am ALL ABOUT THE ROOM. I do not go to a hotel for the lobby or restaurants or anything but to feel at home sleeping and showering and feel like I am not sleeping where 1000's of others have. They successfully achieve this!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Great little hotel with some of the nicest hotel staff I have ever come across. We paid €70 a night so didn't expect too much but were pleasantly surprised.

Good: great staff, great location (if a little quiet), good breakfast (included in the price), clean with all that you need
Bad (ish): very small room (but we paid a very small price), no bath, very basic rooms.

Overall we would go back if only for the fab service. Only given 4 stars because the size of the room.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank MezzaM
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Clean hotel with a very large room for a double! Great bathroom and it had private parking included. No air condition but the staff provided us with a huge fan which worked out great. We arrived past the check-in time, but the front desk staff waited for us to arrive and even insisted on carrying our bags to our room. The hotel is located outside the main city center but it was only a 15 minute walk to the nearest metro. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We read only positive comments about Otto Hotel and were ready to be disappointed. We weren't. We arrived at 11 p.m. but checkin was flawless. The staff... without fail was helpful and friendly at all times. The room was large and comfortable. There should have been another chair in the room, but we neglected to ask for it and there weren't enough hangers, also easily remedied. The bed was just right and the street was quiet. The hotel is located in Charlottenburg, an upscale area with lots of restaurants nearby. We'll gladly stay at the hotel again and will recommend it to our friends. It's a real 'find'.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple