“Absolutely Perfect”

Ranked #2 of 187 Berlin B&B and Inns
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I am an avid Trip Advisor researcher and spend weeks surfing the site before I decide on a hotel that best suits myself and my husband. Even with all of this research I normally have something that could have been better but not this time and these are the reasons why:
1. Booking easy such prompt replies from Roman. He answered all of my questions and booked my restaurants for me. Also recommended New Year dinner and organised this.
2. Location absolutely superb, so near the S Bahn at Savignyplast, bus to and from airport bottom of the street. We used s bahn all week just so efficient, safe and clean. The area is a mix of upmarket beautiful shops, mixed with quirky little boutiques, pubs and family restaurants. We had excellent food and all within five minutes walking.
3. Owners always friendly and helpful but leave you to just explore their lovely city.
4. Room beautifully decorated, comfortable bed and quality bedding. Sparkling water lovely each day.
5. Breakfast - we looked forward to each day as coffee high quality and I am fussy. Lovely breads, cheeses, fruit, smoked salmon. A ll very good quality.
Art was lovely too. If like me you want very high quality accommodation that is friendly in a gorgeous setting, close to sights and availability of delicious food and beer close by choose Hommage de Magritte. Please look at my other contributions for restaurant reviews.

Room Tip: Room 8 excellent
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank gill h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a fabulous stay at Hommage a Magritte. It is located on quiet street in a very nice neighborhood. Roman was extremely helpful with suggestions on what to do and where to go. He recommended really good restaurants within walking distance, too.
The bedrooms are spotless and the paintings are fabulous! Roman and Aurelia serve a nice breakfast daily.
We are so glad that we found this 'piece of art' on TripAdvisor!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I traveled to Berlin in Nov to attend a conference. i decided to stay at Hommage after seeing the amazing reviews on trip advisor. and I must say that Hommage did not disappoint. One of the best things among many about Hommage is the location. it is located very close to S bahn station (savgnyplatz) and also the U bahn. so very centrally located. lots of cafe's and places to eat all around.
the B and B is very clean and tastefully done. although my room could have been slightly bigger but the tall ceiling and the lovely windows made up for it. i did miss a cupboard at times but I managed.
the hosts are very warm and help full. they do their best to make the stay comfortable.
All in all a very good experience. would recommend very highly if you get a bigger room. the small rooms are slightly small, especially if you are fond of enjoying your room.

Room Tip: Try and stay in the larger rooms if you are fond of spending time in your room. The room facing the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hemant M
North Berwick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is a great small quiet boutique hotel located in the Charlottenburg area of Berlin.
The hotel is clean, smart and artistic --with Magritte painting on the walls as well as examples of his work on the walls, doors and corridors
The hotel has very helpful staff and the breakfasts are superb -typically German
The staff gave us excellent advice on where to eat and where to visit
The bedroom, overlooked the garden area behind the building and was very comfortable and quiet
The main shopping area for Kurfurstendamm with the famous KaDeWe store is at the end of the street on which the hotel is located.
At the other end of Grolmanstrasse is the S-Bahn station which takes you into the city in 5 mins (purchase the tourist travel pass)
There are many restaurants in the vicinity within a 5 minute walk and the ones which we visited were really first class
Our visit to Berlin was made so much more enjoyable by staying at the Hommage a Magritte

Room Tip: We chose room 12 which is at the back and quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JayEmploymentEnt
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Hommage a Magritte – Bed and breakfast hotel in Berlin.

Neighborhood: Charlottenberg

We stayed at Hotel Magritte the last week of September in 2013.

The hotel is conveniently located to the U-Bahn, S-Bahn and buses.

The breakfast is excellent – yogurt, fresh fruit and cereal every morning,
croissants and tasty whole grain breads, smoked salmon and other meats, sliced cheeses, and tomatoes and cucumbers, which enabled us to fuel our days of sightseeing.

The staff, especially Roman, was always helpful in answering all kinds of questions regarding how to get places, good restaurants and more. Our rooms were quiet and comfortable, and beautifully decorated with original surrealist paintings.

After returning from Berlin I visited the Magritte exhibit at New York’s Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) and realized that the paintings at Hotel Magritte were authentically in the spirit of Magritte – the whimsical and lyrical side of Magritte, without the darker side. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay – and if we could have, we would have stayed longer.

Cecile and Tony Rohling

NYC residents

Room Tip: Ask about the shower in the room. Some bathrooms were designed with a barrier that only covers a por...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tony R
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My friend an I travelled to Berlin in early Nov. We arrived early and has asked Roman if we can get access to the room before noon, and Roman was more than helpful to assist us on everything ( I mean literally everything ) Room was clean and delivered a homey feeling which we found it really comfortable to stay with. Roman directed us to areas that are less touristy, to experience the real Berlin. Overall, we were really glad that we stayed at this hotel and Roman even offered us some traditional bread freshly delivered from Poland when we were about to leave the hotel. Will definitely recommend for those who are after a warm and homey hotel, and those for a return visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank wilson9493
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel early October with 2 South African friends that I hadn't seen in years. Roman had recommended a few restaurants for us for that evening, but when he heard that it was a reunion he directed us to one of his own personal favourite restaurants a little further away. It was perfect! In fact, we returned to the same place the following night. Roman really impressed us with his understanding of our requirements and preferences - even providing a late night bottle of wine for us on the balcony! The hotel is ideally located, close to shops, restaurants and the S-bahn. A very easy trip from the airport. The decor is fantastic....I found myself taking photos of the interior!... a thing I have never done before in any hotel!! The rooms were very comfortable, mine was small but spotlessly clean and all that I required. My friends had a bigger room with a couch/sofa-bed also in the room. Breakfast was great and set us up for the day. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts and when I left my phone charger, Roman couriered it back to Ireland for me. When I return to Berlin I will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was a little noisy but it didn't stop me sleeping.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends