“Another visit”

Mercure Hotel Chateau
Ranked #258 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This is my third time at the Hotel Chateau. This time I was on my own and had booked a superior room (whatever that means - I was curious). It must be the size of the room. It was so big that I felt a little lost there. But everything else was just as excellent as before, the friendly staff, the breakfast, etc. When I had to return in the afternoon in order to offload my shopping, the room was not done, that was a bit disappointing. But when I returned in the evening, everything was clean and in order. The location is just fantastic, S-Bahn and U-Bahn just a short walk away. I did not test wifi but the computer in the reception worked. The receptionist printed out my boarding pass which was a help.
I loved being there and would have liked to stay longer but could not.
When I return with my husband, the Hotel Chateau will be out choice again.

Room Tip: I had room 404 which is on the 4th floor and very near to the lift.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Wahlenglaender
There are newer reviews for Mercure Hotel Chateau

Reviewed May 3, 2012

The hotel is in a quiet side street off the Ku'damm, very close to an U-Bahn station, also buses nearby. And of course shopping! It's a good value, but nothing too great. The only thing that disturbed me were the chewing gum in the carpet next to my bed. I stepped into it all the time.
I booked a Privilege upgrade, but I didn't get any of the extra service with it. So at the end I managed to agree with the reception that I pay the normal price. So this was satisfactory way to sort out this hitch.
I didn't go for breakfast, but a friend of mine did and she was very satisfied, it was worth the price apparently. I prefer to sit outside in Cafes and up on the Knesebeckstrasse there are couple of nice places. Especially the lovely Cafe 1900.
I might consider coming back here again due to the good price-value of the hotel.

Room Tip: The larger rooms with sofabed & balcony are to be recommended, especially if you are 3 in a room...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MataHari_OnTheRun
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel is essentially what I expected for the money in Berlin. Actually, the price was quite fair. When you pay this much (or this little) for a hotel, you can't expect it to be a beautiful top-quality stay, but I was looking for clean and quiet. This I got. I will say that I had to change rooms a few times. The first room was at the end of the hallway and the wifi (free) signal was not strong enough to stay connected. The second room that they gave me was a smoking room and while it didn't reek, it was not terrifically pure smelling.

Overall, I slept well there. The beds were comfortable and the internet was reliable. I would recommend this hotel for those purposes.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank nyctravelguy1
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My daughter and, i stayed here for a week and, what a wonderful week it was. Everybody in the hotel was helpful and, friendly, they made us feel a part of a family while we where there. The food was lovely and, the service was excellent. The hotel is placed in an ideal place close to taxi's cafe's and, the Ku'damm but, enough away so not to be bothered by noise day or night. I enjoyed my stay there so much that i can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank shelle1971
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Originally we were travelling to London, but due to visa problems we were sent back home from the Prague airport. As we did not want our weekend to be ruined completely, we have decided on last minute to go to Berlin and hotel Mercure. GREAT CHOICE!
The hotel is located just few minutes walking distance from U-Bahn station near the street Kurfurstendamm. We arrived about 11:15 p.m. and had a very nice check-in by the night receptionist Herbert. We got a room 401 on the 4th floor, even better than we expected. Large room, totally clean, modern, beautiful bathroom.. Great bed, after all the travelling we slept like angels. :-)
We had a room breakfast excluded, however we paid 12 EUR/person extra and we took it. Another great choice. Best breakfast we have ever had in any hotel. Unbelievable choice. Everything tasted fresh and great. Also very good stuff working there. Always smiling. So no wonder we paid for a breakfast also next morning.
Only thing which did not work during our stay was internet, neither wifi connection, neither the computer down in the lobby. But that was not a problem, as Emina at the reception explained for us everything we needed to know (like how to get somewhere and stuff).
On Saturday we went to Tropical islands, but as it was really nice weather, we took a long walk around Tiergarten to Brandenburger Tor, Unter den Linden and further on up to train station Ostbahnhof for our train (S-Bahn) to Tropical islands. (We were a little disappointed from TI, as it was really not so warm in there, kinda like if you leave the shower early in the morning and go to cold hall).
When we came back to our room that night, we found out cleaning ladies did a good job, everything was so clean again. :-)
On our last day we wanted to go out for a walk before we had to leave back to Prague and pnce again we got some great suggestions from receptionist Christin, who was very nice to us and explained also few things we did not quite understood about Berlin. We took U-Bahn to Charlotenburg Schloss, took some pictures there and went back to hotel to pick up our luggage and went home.
Overall - if you are going to Germany, this hotel should be your choice, because of the location, cleaningness, food, quality of rooms and sleep quality, extremely nice and helpful stuff.
It's definitelly going to be our choice for a hotel next time we go to Berlin.

• Stayed: February 2012
5  Thank Lahvik
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Stayed here whilst on business in Jan,

The good points are
1) Free internet in room which is a great bonus, very few hotels in Berlin offer this, i know as my wife spent hours trying to find the ones that did.
2) Big rooms, my room was long and had plenty of space, great size room with a fold out couch, good for relaxing after a long day in Berlin.
3) Supermarket is right next day, its well priced, has amazing pastries and a great selection of fruit (great for making up breakfast).

Bad points were
1) Rooms were quite dated, and a bit reminiscent of a 80's room, old decor and just a bit tired.
2) No English TV channels (not that you come to watch TV, but after spending the day round trade shows, a bit of TV would help)
3) Coffee/Tea making was there but not working, nowhere to plugin, no coffee supplied.

Overall, it was average, i would stay again though as it done the job, nice big room with FREE internet, good location and a bit of updating would be nice

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank lesliedocherty-GLA
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I chose this hotel because great price offer diurng BBB and it's location near Ku'damm street with its part with fancy fashion stores.

The hotel lobby is small. On reception desk there is 1 person. Check in and check out and out was quick.

The room I get was small and the same bathroom. Thre is no special view.

Really just to get here for sleep.

The plus was free wifi. No gym neighter pool. 4 start no.

The breakfast was smelling all around the elevator at the morning. I did not take because I have to wake up early to catch the flight.

Room Tip: Hmm I do not have any tips.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business