“Great location, great hotel”

Novum Select Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
Ranked #151 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
York, United Kingdom
“Great location, great hotel”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

A four star hotel only five minutes walk from Checkpoint Charlie and its associated u bahn station, Winters Hotel is quite large and modern. It has an excellent breakfast buffet in a large well lit room. The rooms are clean and good, the beds comfortable. The staff are helpful and speak good English. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I just came back from this hotel two days ago, and enjoyed my stay. The location was what really made the hotel, it was absolutely perfect. We had no need to use public transport for the whole duration of our stay as we could just walk everywhere.

Our room was clean and spacious, and the hotel and street were very quiet. The bathroom was nice enough although the shower cubicle was slightly broken and would spurt water out all over the floor every time we tried to take showers. Although the towels were changed every day they always had a slightly musty smell.

Although I wasn't disappointed in this hotel at all - far from it - I wouldn't go back. You can probably find much better for your money and I was glad I paid on a special deal. It's more of a good three star than a four star: clean, nicely decorated and central but a bit underwhelming.

PS: 14 Euros for breakfast - no chance!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gemma R
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Breakfast was splendid. Hotel is situated in a relatively quiet neighborhood and is easily accessible by metro and regional trains.. They have their own rent a bike service.

There was no air conditioning or temperature control anywhere in the hotel which is rare for a 4 stars... had to sleep with the window open all nights!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Well, I know Berlin hotels well and I never booked here but ended up here...very nice, VERY friendly and helpful and extremely clean, new and spacious.

Upon entering I had prompt service, helpful hints for the city and was even given one of a limited number of parking spaces for an affordable 15 Euros a day.

The rooms are fully fitted out with modern, minimalistic and dare I say the are even a bit "sexy" when it comes to style, very pleasing to the eye!

I can highly recommend this hotel, if you need a parking space, reserve it in advance, not to many up for grabs. Great Breakfast and FREE WLAN as well...

This hotel is also Business Friendly with all amenities needed.

Room Tip: Out to the front can be a bit loud, ask for a room facing the courtyard or "back" of the b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I had never been to Berlin before. I selected this hotel based on the location and price. We travel a great deal so price is a major factor. Winters Hotel far exceeded any of our expectations. It is on a quiet street very close to an underground station and a half a block from one of Berlin's main streets, Friedrickstrasse. The decor was functional modern but on the deluxe side. The hotel was immaculate and our room had a small balcony and was nice and bright. The staff very helpful. The icing on the cake was the fabulous buffet breakfast in a bright and cheerful room. They had everything one could want and it was included in our room rate. I highly recommend this hotel but shop the price as it changes regularly. I lucked out on Booking.com.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

For a 4* hotel I expect a few bells and whistles. My friend and I stayed here on a city break. Although in separate rooms we emailed ahead and asked that our rooms be close. That didn't happen. I was on the 2nd floor, she on 1st at the opposite end of the building. The rooms were functional. Shower pressure pretty eratic. Managed to flood the bathroom at least once. The carpets in the hallways were badly stained. I could get wifi in my room most of the time, my friend couldn't. Location was ok, generally within walking distance of sites and a metro station nearby.

london
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This hotel is nice. Its clean, in a quiet location and only a hop, skip and a jump from the metro station. The rooms are simply furnished and a fairly decent sized, well mine was anyway. But I have to question the four stars. Three stars, yes, but don't think I would class this as a four star hotel. I just thought there was a couple of things lacking including a problem accessing the free wi fi service which seemed to work well in the lobby but not in my room. However I should point out that my friend had no issues here. So not a bad place to stay but just make sure you get a good deal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends