“Great hotel, great service, good food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de Rome

Hotel de Rome
Ranked #12 of 662 Hotels in Berlin
Frankfurt, Germany
“Great hotel, great service, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

In the former Dresner bank, sleeping in the former offices of the directors wirh high ceilings is an experience in itself. Staff is very serviced minded but luckely not into your face; call it professional friendliness with a personal touch!!

Had breakfast, lunch and diner. It is fine but not surprisingly of taste. Wines were better! Coffee was excellent.

Swimmingpool is 20m on a 3 meter wide spot. So if you want to do your laps make it 50 and be earlier so you do not have to share the lane with someone else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Marc V,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments here on TripAdvisor.

We were delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay at Hotel de Rome and considered the staff to be very service orientated and friendly. Thank you very much for this observation!

We look forward to welcoming you soon again at Hotel de Rome.

With best regards,

Thies Sponholz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I start out every review, I travel for work and am on the road several hundred days a year. I stay over 150 nights per year in hotels. Everything from major chains to high end boutiques. I have a good base line for hotel properties having stayed at over 1,000 different hotels and I have realistic expectations.

The pros: The hotel location is terrific. It's within walking distance of many of the touring things you'll want to see in Rome, as well as a plethora of restaurant choices nearby. The staff were great during our 2 night stay and very accommodating. The rooms are nice with great appointments and amenities. The lobby is grand to walk into, and the spa... is amazing.

The cons: I would give this hotel a 5 star rating, but I have to save those for the top tier of hotels I stay at, like the Ritz in or Peninsula hotels in Tokyo which are on a whole other level. The only con I had was the bed. While I do understand many guests prefer firm mattresses, my bed was hard and uncomfortable. Reminded me of the beds in super cheap hotels in the US, NOT the kind of bed I expect from a 5 star hotel. I also wish the patio was opened up. While it has been a cold spring in Europe, come mid april it should be available for guest use.

In Summary: I really do love this hotel and this was my second stay there. I will stay at this property again, despite the bed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Zito Z,

Thank you very much for your kind comments which have been gratefully received. I am very glad to read that overall you had a nice stay at Hotel de Rome.

I do hope that on your next trip to Berlin you will contact us to arrange a softer mattress for you in order to make your stay perfect.

Thank you for sharing your experiences at our hotel on TripAdvisor!

Best regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Hotel de Rome was a perfect base for our first visit to Berlin. The location cannot be matched and the amenities are world class. The friendly, efficient and professional staff were among the best we have ever encountered. We could not have had a better experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank howard s
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear howard s,

Thank you very much for your excellent comment on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read, that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel de Rome and considered our staff friendly efficient and professional.

We look forward welcoming you and your family soon back to Berlin!

Beverly, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife, two daughters and I just returned from a four day stay at the Hotel de Rome. I can categorically say they entire stay far exceeded my expectations. From check in to check out the staff was completely professional both welcoming and efficient. We had a corner junior suite with a view of Babelplatz and St Hedwig's as well as a second room for the girls. The rooms were functional and luxurious. The radiant heat in the bathroom was a welcome bonus. Housekeeping was perfect but invisible. No matter what time we came in and out, the room was just done. The concierge arranged travel and dinner reservations for us and doubled checked to make sure all was in place and went well. The Bebelbar staff greeted us on our first visit and every visit, showed us unique features of the hotel and it's history, recommended local sites and knew our drink preferences in less than 24 hours. While we did not dine in the Parioli for dinner but did have breakfast daily and food in the bar. The meals were excellent and service impeccable. You can't beat the location. Close to transit, major sites and restaurants but still providing a quiet refuge. We have never stayed in a Rocco Forte hotel before but my experience at the Hotel de Rome will make me seek them out. My thanks to the whole staff especially the staff in the Bebelbar.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tjmarine
Dear tjmarine,

First of all we hope you and your family had a save journey back home. Thank you very much for your wonderful kind and detailed comment on TripAdvisor. It has been my pleasure to pass them on to all the team.

We were delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay at Hotel de Rome and considered the staff to be professional welcoming and efficient. Thank you very much for this observation.

We kindly recommend on your next trip to Berlin our Retaurant Parioli and its terrace which has a lovely atmosphere.

Best regards from Berlin,

Wroclaw, Wroclaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Room service great. Room very comfortable with big tv, very nice bathroom and huge bed. Breakfast really good. The hotel is situated in the center of Berlin which makes it very easy to access most of the city monuments.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear just_a_guy_1234,

First of all I do hope you had a save journey back home! Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay. I do want to say that I am very glad that you enjoyed the facilities and the service.

We look forward welcoming you soon again at Hotel de Rome and remain at your full disposal for anything you may require in the future.

Best regards,

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed at Hotel de Rome for 3 nights over a weekend and found the service very friendly and efficient. Nice rooms, excellent food (highly recommend the Curry Wurst on the room service menu), staff that really went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The central location (2 minutes walk to Unter den Linden) is also great for shopping and sightseeing. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LondonLavander,

Thank you very much for your kind comment on TripAdvisor which have been gratefully received and it has been my pleasure to pass them on to all the team.

I am delighted to read, that overall you enjoyed your stay at Hotel de Rome and considered our staff friendly and efficient.

We look forward welcoming you soon back to Berlin!

Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This might summarizes what i find ideal in a city hotel: A beautiful building (and old bank), excellent location, friendly (and not overwhelming or pompous) staff, beautiful interiors by the talented Olga Polizzi (i loved my room) and a great price (at least that was the case when i stayed 2 years ago). My only gripe was that the breakfast was not at the same standard (not bad but nothing exciting either). I have stayed in other RF hotels but this one surely tops all!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear greek1970,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your excellent feedback about your stay at Hotel de Rome in beautiful Berlin!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us and that you have been pleased with our service and facilities, especially with our staff and Mrs. Olga Polizzis taste in decoration. We do hope that on your next trip to Berlin you kindly give us the opportunity to convince you of the diversity at the breakfast buffet in our Restaurant Parioli.

We look forward welcoming you soon back to Berlin!