Union Jack - The Whisky Pub
Open today: 6:00 PM - 11:45 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent whisky chat.

The fella that served us was very knowledgable about the whisky. My brother is a massive whisky fan... read more

Reviewed June 18, 2018
Y7996VIchrisk
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
via mobile
Really knew his stuff!

Very friendly place. We'll skip over the fact that it had an identity crisis. "Union Jack"? A... read more

Reviewed March 25, 2018
Kwak1400
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Berlin
from $15.95
from $13.67
from $13.67
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Lovely bar staff and customers. Huge range of whisky. But also Newcastle brown ale on tap! Guinness only bettered by Dublin. If you want a touch of UK or Ireland then go. Union Jack thing is a German generalisation not a political thing!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

A lovely warm summer evening spent on the terrace of this fabulous pub with great service by the landlord, who was rushed off his feet due to the warm weather which brought out the guests in droves. He coped magnificently and deserves his Feierabend. Very Empfehlungswert!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Nathan F
Reviewed July 23, 2017

This pub has a troumendous collection of whisky from all over the world. The manager gave info and explenation, and made good suggestions as well. Can be a bit pricy, but than again they have cheap drinks on the menu, if you bring non-enthousiast with you.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank LondonCallingX
Reviewed June 29, 2017

The Union Jack Whskey Pub is a nice and cozy pub in Charlottenburg, with a bartender Leo who has in-depth knowledge of the different whiskeys he serves. He claims to have over 800 different types of scotch in the pub, and hopes to hit a 1000 by the end of the year. He takes his time with every customer, describing the types of whiskey, their origin and the different subtle tastes. They also serve beer and Strongbow cider on tap.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank SarunSelvanesan
Reviewed May 8, 2017

I had planned to have some self whisky tasting when I was visiting Berlin and found couple of whisky bars online, checked their websites, locations reviews etc. and decided to go to this one, poor me. OK it was Easter Monday but it was mentioned that they are open.
So I was there around 21:30 and the host was all alone and I told him that I was for a little tasting which I read on their website ("Whisky Carousel") about variety of whiskies. Then the host told me that they do not have it anymore, he said the website is not up-to-date. I was disappointed but tought that OK at least I can order some drams and have a little tasting and was about to ask for the menu, then I was told that the Pub is going to be closed in 15 minutes so nothing can be served ?! Even when I told him that I am a tourist and I cannot come any other day, I was asked to leave, without having any drink
I would not go to this place if I visit Berlin again. Poor service, misleading website, not friendly hosting.

Date of experience: April 2017