“Basic but pleasant”

Ranked #193 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Manchester
“Basic but pleasant”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is basic but good value, located in East Berlin just a few stops on the U2 underground from main Alexanderplatz station. The room was huge, with a spare bed. Free wifi which was good. Linen was good quality and slept very well. My room faced train station which wasn't bad as once windows were closed you couldn't hear the traffic or trains. The bathroom was again of good size. Shower Again basic but clean.
Reception staff when I checked in was very polite and was helpful.
Overall this hotel is clean, basic and 3 stars.
If you want a good basic hotel then pick this place, value for money. I paid 86 euro for two nights.
Would recommend to other travellers.
The area was ok.
Tip get a Berlin card two days unlimited rail and bus travel 20 euro. Buy at airport before you get to train station.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
NovumGroupHotels, Guest Relation Assistant at Novum Hotel City B Berlin Centrum, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice review.
We are delighted that you had a nice time in Berlin.
We would be glad to welcome you again in one of our Novum Hotels.

Faithfully Yours

City B Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

The room online was advertised as a king size room for a start and it wasn't. There was a double bed, a chair and a shower which you had to pretty much jump to get into and was a death trap to get out of. To top it all off, the same street was the delightful home to plenty of prostitutes. The only upside is the fact that there's a train station literally outside the front door. I'd NEVER stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jason H
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Berlin is cheap and so are the hotels. But we got an ever better deal at this place and thats the reason why we chose it. Previous reviews are right. Its clean and with spacious rooms. Not the newest furniture, but for the price paid its more than ok. Staff are ok. Not the friendlest, but still cant complain on their way of servicing customers. Location is good too, with the saubway station just opposite the hotel. Would we choose it again? Yes!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
We are delighted that you had a nice stay in our Hotel City B Novum.
We would be very pleased if we can welcome you again soon.

Fife, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised, even though we had a mix up with our room and didn't get what we asked for on the first night, reception changed us the flowing day. Good rooms, big and clean. Excellent location, train station over the road. Helpful staff, fantastic breakfast. Definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013
NovumGroupHotels, Guest Relation Assistant at Novum Hotel City B Berlin Centrum, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
We are delighted that you had a nice stay in our Hotel City B Novum.
We would be very pleased if we can welcome you again soon.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I arrived for four nights. The room didn't feel clean and beds weren't comfortable. The Internet wasn't available for three days out of my site and the located my room next to construction area in the building.
If I ever come back it only because I didn't find any other alternative.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and your honest words, regarding you stay in our Hotel City B Novum.
Of course, we have passed the criticized points to the competent department.
We want to apologize very much for the resulting inconvenience.

San Jose, California
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. There was a large flat-screen TV which I never used, a safe which I did use, a queen-size bed, a desk, and a shower bathroom. Half of the window blinds were stuck in closed position; I notified the hotel but the problem was not fixed while I was there. The hotel seems to appeal to younger crowds, including groups on school trips (there were a couple of Italian high school groups when I was there). This can make it very noisy: I had to ask the hotel several times to quiet down a room facing the courtyard because the yak-ing was incessant. The wi-fi did not work in the first room they gave me on the third floor; they moved me to the second floor, where it generally worked (although the portal was finicky and sometimes I had to ask them to restart the router). The gym area has some interesting features (sauna, tanning bed, massage tables), none of which, however, were of direct interest to me. Those that were (exercise machines) were incredibly limited: stairmaster, cyclette, rowing machine. I was hoping for an elliptical; I managed to do on the rowing machine. The breakfast buffet seemed adequate, but I didn't use it since I have severe gluten, dairy, and egg intolerance and I there wasn't much if anything for me there. The hotel staff was generally courteous and helpful. The location, while not glamorous, is incredibly convenient (right next to metro station; in Berlin you can go anywhere with public transport, I was there 5 days for business and never took a cab, even from the airport). Nearby is a nice area with lots of restaurants, including at least a couple where you can get gluten-free dishes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel was in a very location, literally over the road from Bulowstrasse station which has direct links to the centre of Berlin. Generally everything about the hotel was positive, it is surrounded by many local amenities if one does not wish to travel into the centre of Berlin including restaurants bars and a park. Hotel was very clean, and bedroom was large. Despite the road outside seemingly constantly busy, no noise was ever heard. One negative point would be the pillows which seemed to just be a pillow case with a few feathers thrown in. It felt at times like you were sleeping without pillows. Despite this, a thoroughly enjoyable stay in Berlin.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends