“Another top Melia hotel”
Review of Melia Berlin

Melia Berlin
Ranked #34 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Brussels, Belgium
“Another top Melia hotel”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Every year my mother and I go out visiting cities in Europe, and this time we chosen Berlin. I must say that every time I go with her I don’t take risks and always book in a Melia hotel. I visited this hotel four years ago with my husband and we felt very well treated. Even then it was a fantastic experience and this time we've been four days has further improved.
The staff could not be better, professional and nice. Just point to attend without being in your face, and that is something that the customer appreciates immediately.
I booked a room in "The Level" with access to the Level Club: That was a mistake because they serve so good tapas and cakes (included in the room’s price) that my mother did not want to go for dinner at any restaurant in Berlin. Also thought the same the guests who had the same option , because evening after evening we were there, and we made friends .
The rooms were perfectly soundproofed. The hotel is placed in a perfect location to go on the boat , to the Museum Island or to suburban / metro. We walked to almost all sites except the two trips we contract with ViveBerlin Tours.

Room Tip: Reserve a "the level" room. You won't be disapointed.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HELENA_AIRLINES

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 23, 2013

September 27 to 29, 2013. Located near the River Spree and the central train station made for easy access to river tours and trains. The central train station is a conglomerate of shops from clothing to groceries. It even has a vegetarian store as well as a regular super market. The room was well appointed with a balcony and view of the river. The Block House restaurant, down the block from the hotel, offered first choice steak dinners as well as German dishes. Very popular, with generally a waiting line, but the wait is well worth it. Recommend this hotel and the surrounding area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Edward L
Ramstein, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I picked this hotel based on a combination of price and TripAdvisor reviews, and I was so impressed. Staff was very helpful. I think this was the first time I'd been asked what kind of view I'd like. I asked the check-in clerk what he would recommend, and he said street view; I was not disappointed. While not a "view" hotel, I enjoyed the view very much and didn't notice any street noise. The room was very clean and very comfortable. We ate in the tapas restaurant downstairs the first night and enjoyed the delicious food and friendly service there as well. In addition to all this, the location is excellent - we walked everywhere, but the U-bahn was very close.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ballard33
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Wow ! This is one that needs a special mention, the hotel was absolutely fantastic ! We booked direct (no agent or booking service) we joined the membership (which is free) and we booked the "the level" which included the free breakfast, free Wi-Fi and the access to the level lounge (7th floor). We had free coffee and cake after 3 pm and free drinks from 6pm to 10pm and I mean great drinks with wine beer and spirits in a full bar, plus Tapas with a wide variety of tasty snacks, really good food and 100% free included in the "Level Lounge". But the service and the room was just as spectacular, we had a view over the river and the room was absolutely clean and fresh really special, the staff were amazing and friendly every time, nothing was a problem and we felt right at home. The location was great too ! only 10 min walk to the Museum Island and striking distance to all the major sites like the Parliament and the Brandenburg gate. If you book direct and spend a little more for the level room, it is in the end very reasonable considering all the extras. Overall, the staff made the stay ! they are so friendly and so focused on making your stay special, it was a surprise for me (and I travel very frequently) amazing ! Can't recommend them enough.

Room Tip: Go for Level 7 with a river view.
3 Thank Mark K
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stop searching
The Melia Berlin is the perfect Berlin hotel. I assure you this is the hotel you will immediately second my opinion after your experience. Clean, big spacious modern rooms, big lobby with a VIP feel for both business and pleasure and the staff assures this 100 %. Christian was wonderful, Check in early at 10:00 am, rooms attended to twice. I left some Canadian gifts (maple syrup) thats how much I appreciated this hotel and the staff..
All of them speaking fluent english, I had trouble finding a certain bottle of liquor concierge desk phoned around and in minutes located the store, I had an issue with not validating a train ticket, they phoned on my behalf and cleared up all my questions, etc...
The area can not be beat, shops, river view , walking distance to all the tour sites, and one of the authentic Berlin restaurants just over the bridge is named Staendige Vertretung go there..a must.
I went both nights, excellent German dishes. I hung around the train station each night just 50 metres away. What an experience, weird to do but great with all the snack shops, try it. Most Berlin hotels have good reviews but my wife and I are certain to return to this hotel in Berlin. This hotel highly contributes and compliments the city of Berlin. A magnificent hotel.
If you choose this hotel then become a Melia member as I took advice from another Trip Advisor members review and received free in room WIFI, 15 Euro's to spend each night at the bar, Tapa's restaurant, bar fridge, etc... Enjoy !

Room Tip: Front river - street vieww if you don't mind the old Berlin sounds of the tram cars going by. Y...
3 Thank John B
Thibodaux, Louisiana
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is the only hotel I stayed at in Berlin so I have nothing to compare it to, but it had everything we needed and I would definitely stay here again. The location was in general walking distance of a lot of the sites, the river, and the main tourist road in Berlin. The rooms were clean and comfy. The bathroom was the same. The tapas bar in the lobby is definitely worth checking out.

The lone problem has to do with the wifi. It was for pay and only offered for 30-minutes a night. Which is not terrible, since you are on vacation, but it was spotty for us some of the time.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river if possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our children chose this hotel for our wedding anniversary weekend. Picked because it is in the vibrant East Berlin, within walking distance of most of the sights, Brandenberg Gate, Holocaust memorial etc and within walking distance of the Freidrestrasse station (direct route to the airport), it didn't disappoint. Comfortable, well designed, room, wonderful breakfast (the best buffet by far we have come across) that kept us going until tea time and best of all, we splashed out on a junior suite to mark the occasion. Well worth the extra as it gave us access to the 7th floor lounge where we could have breakfast (good though a smaller selection that the fabulous breakfast on the first floor) and drinks and nibbles throughout the day. If I had one small criticism it is that the hotel does not offer free wifi in the bedroom though it does give you that in the 7th floor lounge. The one dinner we ate in the formal hotel restaurant (there is another tapas style restaurant we didn't try) was a great piece of steak cooked to perfection but the price tag compared to other places to eat in town and the lack of any atmosphere meant that our last night was not as good as the other three. Overall, however, a great place to stay for a city break. Really friendly and obliging staff (particularly in the 7th floor lounge), for whom noting was too much trouble from checking train times to late checkouts.

1 Thank Nickynfreya