“Still one of my favorites: central, luxurious, modern”

Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm
Ranked #26 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Helsinki, Finland
“Still one of my favorites: central, luxurious, modern”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

If you choose to stay in the western part of Berlin, it's hard to find a better place. The hotel is luxurious in a modern way (not the stuffy old fashioned grand hotel style; this is, however, a question of taste, so to other people the hotel might be a bit too modern). This time we had a standard room in the 9th floor with a lovely view over the city. No noise disturbed us, even when Germany won one of the football semifinals. (Oh, and I love the spacey bathrooms with separate showers and toilets and a bathtubs, not to talk about the green marble floors)

The service was very good, but not 100% excellent. The reason why it was not excellent was a problem of communication: we lengthened our stay with one day, which however was not put in the reservation system. Hence our keys stopped to work (the situation was, however, taken care professionally). Also, when checking out, everything went smoothly, but the young gentleman was veery serious.

What was good, was the check in (very friendly and fast), and what impressed me, the concierge recognized me and welcomed back (and he did not know the room number etc., where he could have gotten the information). Also the doormen were helpful, as we deposited our luggage and later some shopping bags before taking off.

One minor problem is the lobby: there is a bar and a lounge area, but it is not very inviting. It's not the kind of place where you sit and observe other people or read a news paper. But how to improve it?? Perhaps the extreme modernity might need some softening here.

Do also look for campaigns and other special prices: for it's quality you get good prices!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FlyingFinn
, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear FlyingFinn,

Thank you so much for your very detailed and positive review.

I am sorry about the mistake in you reservation details. It could
be a system error but however, I am happy to hear that my colleagues
solved everything to your satisfaction.

Thank you for the compliments about the concierge and my colleagues
from the front desk - I already passed it to my team.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

ccolmorgen@concorde-hotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Placerville, California
Reviewed June 25, 2012

With the exception of no coffee service in your room, the rooms were spacious, clean, and quiet. The location is great with numerous restaurants, shopping areas and cultural avenues to explore. (I had no idea how BIG Berlin is. Good breakfast included with room rate. Our room was l-shaped and large with numerous windows...once you got the drapes closed at night you were even more tired!!

Room Tip: The corner rooms (more like suites) are very good, I would ask for one above the 7th floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CRW1028
Dear CRW1028,

Thanks for your very positive comments.
It is good to hear that you liked the rooms and
the the various breakfast buffet.

Hope to see you soon here in Berlin!

Kindest regards

Victoria BC
Reviewed June 21, 2012

great rooms, fantastic front desk staff, great location, good food.
My only very slight complaint (and by god it's a small one) was that the windows in my room were so extensive that it took ages to close the curtains... that's all I could think of.

Dear cityNeil,

It is really fantactic to hear that we exceed your expectations in
alomist every point. I already passed your compliments to
my team. Thank you so much!

Hope to see you soon again here in Berlin City!

Switzerland
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed at the Concorde Berlin as I was also attending a conference there. The room was large, clean and comfortable, with slippers and bathrobe, although there were no tea and coffee making facilities, which let it down in my opinion. I like to make a cup of tea when I wake up and had to make do with tap water before I went down to breakfast. On the plus side, the Wi-Fi was fast with hassle-free connection and the bed was comfy, with an extra duvet if required. Communal areas of the hotel were well-maintained and clean, with staff professional and helpful. I'd stay again.

1 Thank Gondwona
Dear Gondwona,

I am very happy to read that you had such an enjoyable stay.
Thanks for your compliments about the helpful staff - I will
pass that directly to my colleagues.
We have taken good note of your comments about the coffee
and tea making facilities.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon here in
Berlin!

Helsinki
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed for a conference in the Concorde Berlin hotel.
Everything was great. The early check-in was possible as requested and special wishes have been fulfilled.
During rush-hours there have been some minor problems at the breakfast, as the main room was a little bit small.

Dear Herbk

Thanks for your positive comments.
I am sorry that there were some major problems regarding the
breakfast rush hour. I alreday passed this to my colleagues.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kindest regards

Bristol
Reviewed June 10, 2012

After trawling through most hotels in Berlin on Trip Advisor, we eventually plumped for the Hotel Concorde...what a fantastic choice this turned out to be. Execellent location just off the Ku'dam (if you are taking the underground get off at Ku'dam and not Augsburger Strasse). Our room was great, large, comfy bed, very clean with an enormous bathroom. The only downside were the pillows. Despite having a choice of 3, unfortunately all were dreadfully uncomfortable and possibly the worst pillows I've ever slept on. This aside, I would recommend this hotel and would definately stay here again.

For tourists staying more than a couple of days, would suggest the travel card which can be bought at the Tourist Info desk at the airport. Great way of saving money on attractions and the ease of hopping on and off buses, trains and trams was brilliant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MaCarey,

Thank you so much for your positive review.

I am sorry to hear that none of the pillows was
comfortable for you to sleep on.
But I'm happy that you'll visit us again - so we hope
to see you soon again!

Best wishes

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

The booking for my car pickup didn't come through. Which was deeply stressful as I was travelling alone and made the mistake of clearing customs without realising the baggage claim was straight after passport control. It all happens straight off the airbridge so confussing and must happen a bit as there were three other couples waiting in a grim hut in the middle of no where with me.

Of course my bag mix up was not the fault of the hotel. But I was tired and in a bit of a state and so did appreciate it when finally they arranged a car to meet me.

The hotel room is not exactly character filled but still very comfortable. Great bed and good layout to the room. The outlook is not appealling at least from the 7th floor to depressing untended garden beds of the building opposite.

Room service breakfast was exceptial, payup from for a terrific deal. And staff were friendly and very helpful. A five minute walking to the fab shopping at legendary Ka De Ve. I would probably try the old east side next time I stay, but the hotel worked well and so I would happily, if not excitedly, return.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Voyages27
HCBBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Voyages27,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

I am very sorry that the booking for your pick up
did not go through. But at least I am happy that you
found your way to the hotel and that all has been
clarified.

Thanks for your compliments about the breakfast
in the restaurant Saint Germain, I will pass that to
my colleagues.

We all hope to welcome you back very soon.