“Understanding guy!”
Review of Citystay Mitte

Citystay Mitte
Ranked #59 of 358 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hostel was really clean and had a good location. In addition, the boss/ manager was really understanding. My friends and I had forgot to check out in the morning and we only realized when we got back during the afternoon. The boss/owner had every right to charge us an extra night however, he did not! That really made our day!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hostel is in a really good location -- only a couple minutes walk from Alexanderplatz. It is probably the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in, and I felt totally comfortable using the showers and bedding. My friend and I stayed in a 6 bed dorm, which was perfect. There was plenty of space for us to store our things, and the room had a lovely big window with natural light and a table for us to sit around. The reception staff were friendly, there is a great storage space for your bags on the day you check out, and the wifi is pretty reliable.

The only criticism I have is that the automatic lights in the showers turn off every couple of minutes. They didn't seem to recognise my movement in the shower, so I had to wave my arms around wildly to get them to turn back on. My friend had the same problem and it was quite frustrating.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Very well located. You have almost everything around the corner. The place it's so clean, organize and good. Staff is so nice and attentions is special. . I highly recommend for travellers. .. breakfast is a good option too

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed in a 6 bed bunk mixed dorm. Veru spacious,clean bedding,own light and wall outlet,lockers,mirror. Very warm feeling,huge window with massive amount of natural light.Bar was ok,good bar specials. Good facilities,plenty of showers and toilets on our level. Most of all the location is excellent,5minute walk to Alexander Platz square,Metro underground and the S, trams,buses,shopping (C&A),fastfood,cafes,tv tower etc. Definetly go to Coffee fellows cafe,best bagels and coffee.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

To start off with the hostel was in a great location and the rooms were lovely large and bright with with hardly any street sound. The bathrooms were a little far away from my room, but they were clean and worked well. I liked the idea of having a room with just sinks. =)The breakfast was nice and fresh and a good array of food.
It was close to trams as well as the S-bahn. close to supermarket, shops and restaurants.

Only one little annoyance, when I was staying there was a group of school aged group staying as well 15-17, old enough to know better, but they were quite a but of a nuisance, running and yelling up the halls, slamming doors, blaring music at all hours of the night, being generally disrespectful to other guests. When I mentioned this to the receptionist he was most sorry and seemed genuinely apologetic, obviously not know what was happening and he handled the situation very well.
Maybe just make sure you tell large groups about hostel etiquette and respect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2013

So close to the train station that you can get anywhere in Berlin if needed. Staff are helpful too. Sounds weird but I appreciated that there were heaps of toilets and showers for the entire section.. A lot of other hostels skimp of this section and it forces people having to wait to get ready. The only thing I would recommend is changing the shower curtains

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed in a twin single room for three nights. Shared bathrooms and toilets weren't gross but could be cleaner. Gets pretty loud at night but does die down around 3am. In comparison to the last hostel we stayed at (Room007 in Madrid) with similar pricing, this hostel is no competition. However, one plus is the location!

• Stayed: August 2013