“Great location, decent rooms.”
Review of Citystay Mitte

Citystay Mitte
Ranked #52 of 349 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, decent rooms.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

So we stayed in the Citystay Mitte for 3 nights in July/Aug 2013. The hostel has a brilliant location very close to the city centre and the large station of Alexanderplatz and the TV Tower. There are loads of resturants near by... spoilt for choice.

The foyer/bar area was nice, lots of seating and a great outside square where they often held BBQs in the evening. (Steak roll - YUM!) All good bar prices too.

The rooms were a decent size, although not a great amount of storage - but there were lockers in the room (padlocks avaliable from the front desk if you didnt have one) The decor felt like you were in the childrens area at Ikea... But you get used to it! We were in a 4 bed dorm - which comprised of 2 bunkbeds - plenty of space.

The showers and toilets were a bit hit & miss - could do with a bit more maintenance and cleaning!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jess H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sydney
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Such a great hostel. The staff were super helpful - they provided maps and advice on where to go out during the day and night. My friend and I stayed in a double room which was well sized, light and modern. The atmosphere in the downstairs bar was great at night and a great place to meet other travellers. The location was also fantastic - right in central Berlin and super close to two train stations. I have recommended this too all my friends travelling to Berlin!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I want to stay I loved this place because I loved the services and atmosphere, but they need to improve on the cleanliness.

The shared toilets really needed to be cleaned more than just once a day, considering so many people are using them. They were usually rather dirty and smelly.

My pillow had blood stains all over one corner. When I complained about this I was given a new pillow immediately which was fine, but it seems that the lack of attention to the cleanliness of bed linen I experienced wasn't a one-off, as another girl in my dorm found blood stains on her comforter.

Wifi was very touch and go, you could only get a strong signal near reception, not in the courtyard or in the rooms.

But I must say that the dorm was very bright spacious and the beds were comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful and drinks were reasonably cheap at the bar. The location of the hostel is really convenient too - many sights within walking distance or a bike ride.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hostel has an excellent location very close to the city centre and the large station of Alexanderplatz. The room we stayed in (6 person room) was very large with plenty of space. The bar was good value particularly for the local beer. The hostel was clean and good value too. The only downside was the noise on our corridor on two night when a large group of young men decided to shout and bang door at 4 am. However the hostel dealt with this very well and we found in the morning they had been asked to leave but to many complaints. Which shows they do take what their visitors say seriously.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The room was gorgeous, with a lot of space for all six of us, including a table. Location very good, not far away from anywhere. Worth being more expensive than some and my favourite of interrailing. The breakfast was lovely and drinks were OK although not cheap. The only small problem I had was my lock was too small for the lockers, but the onsuite was nice and the shower very powerful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I recently stayed at this hostel and I couldn't recommend it more! I tend to stay in hotels as opposed to hostels but my opinion has definitely been changed since staying at CityStay. I stayed in a double room with my boyfriend with a balcony looking out onto the outdoor BBQ area. The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The toilet was close to our room and the showers were hot. The location was perfect with all the sites within walking distance. Great value for money!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kat144
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Beds (comfy ones too!) from 17 euros - reasonable price for Berlin. In the mitte district close to st alexander platz which got you to berlin hbf station in 5 minutes. The lobby had free wifi and a friendly atmosphere with a bar.
The rooms were over 3 floors with key card access, we stayed in a twin with shared bathrooms. The bathrooms were very clean and I saw them being cleaned numerous times in a day.
We had some laundry done for 5 euros per bag which came back to us the same day, very good.
Overall, great little hostel which was fully booked the first night we were there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends