“Nicest Hostel”

EastSeven Berlin Hostel
Ranked #2 of 358 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed there last year in July for 3 nights. Really friendly young staff, who gives you tips about what to do in Berlin - one of the best tour we did was the Free Walking Tour, that departs from the Hostel doorsteps, and if you don't want to, you don't have to pay anything to go around the city with an expert. The rooms are very big and bright, with clean linen. Bathrooms were cleaned twice a day - wich is remarkable for a hostel. I didn't tasted breakfast there, but there's a small supermarket one block away from the hostel. They have free dinners twice a week, which is really fun and good for those travelling on low budget. Also the beer is good and cheap - and from 6pm to 11pm you buy one beer and get one free!
I recomend it to anyone who's going to Berlin!

Room Tip: Shared rooms are really good. They have lockers in some rooms, the other are on the corridor. Make s...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank stekbel

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at this hostel for 2 nights and found it highly satisfactory. We were in a four bed dorm with one double bed which my partner and I used. We only had room mates for one of the nights which suited us as we were a little jet lagged. The room was a good size with plenty of natural light. The hostel itself was very clean and quiet, staff were pretty friendly, especially the one who checked us in, Caro I think her name was. Breakfast was ok, not as good as the hostel we had stayed at previously, but still fresh and enough for everyone. No gluten free options however, which my partner requires. There wasn't a lot of fruit either. The public transport system in Berlin is excellent so was easy to get into the central part of the city on the under and above ground trains. Alexanderplatz is a casual stroll away as well, a good place to get fresh food etc. there are lots of cafes, restaurants etc near the hostel so plenty of options for food. Overall very happy and not too expensive for backpackers on a budget as we were.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The hostel was great. We had a private twin room that was conveniently located outside the shared bathroom. The room was very clean and quiet with the windows shut.
Staff were always so polite, friendly and very helpful. We asked for recommendations on where to eat and travel directions on many occasions.
If you are looking for a cheap stay in a clean hostel with friendly staff then this is for you. I can't fault them!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ArtyGirl27
Reviewed June 20, 2012

basically we were 3 backpackers wandering around europe from 20 days. we had been to several hostels before and none of them is as good as this hostel. since it's only 19 EURO per person in Eastseven per night, along with high reputations on tripadvisor, we opt for this hostel.

pros:
we stayed in 8-person dormitory. but it was very large and we had more than enough space to put our stuff.
happy hour 2000-2200 50cl beer for 1 EURO only!
nice to meet new friends in dormitory ---> met a few party boys and a female artist.
INEXPENSIVE STAY OF COURSE!
private bathroom for the 8-person dormitory (?)
very nice and friendly staff, especially the long-haired guy named Cristian i think. remember to ask for more info about berlin when u stay there!
very safe and ordered. no drunk people. people behave well. they won't make loud noises if they come back very late at night.
helps us to wash + dry clothes quickly. $ is required of course.

cons: i would say "innovative design of the flushing toilet". u'll know what i mean when u use that toilet :)
very poor wi-fi reception. i was having a skype invterview atm and it was disconnected for several times plus huge time lagging during my 20-minute. not a problem for those who only want to check facebook :D
veryveryveryvery simple breakfast. don't expect much though.

pros/cons: dormitory is mixed. so if u are a girl and is travelling alone, think twice. however, we had 7 guys and 1 girl in the dormitory at the night we stayed. and nothing disgusting happened. the girl chatted with us so she seemed to be able to get used to 7 men 1 woman condition.

overall we are very satisfied. we may be a bit less demanding since we're backpackers but i'm sure families and couples would enjoy the atmosphere very much too.

reminder: for those who are using non-German version of google map (i used chinese version), please DO NOT TRUST THE GOOGLE MAP! the google map showed the hostel was near alexandreplatz and we followed the map. but it was actually two metro stations away. we had no clue on the location and we asked lots of ppl but they simply don't know. eventually we encountered a nice lady who was also living in Eastseven and directed us to the hostel. it took us more than one hour to find and we were taking heavy backpacks. it's not the hostel's fault but beware of the direction clues given from the confirmation letter from this hostel. dont make the same mistake as we did!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AmbLau
Reviewed June 15, 2012

A huge group of us stayed at EastSeven and it was one of the best European hostels I have ever experienced. The place is cleaner than my own home and the people are so friendly! The beds were extremely comfy and there are a fair share of bathrooms throughout the building, so I was never left waiting around. It's in a nice area with lots of coffee shops and restaurants around but just far enough from the tourist traps. Plus, the common areas are often filled with tons of people at night to meet and go for drinks with. We met so many new travel friends there!

The security in this place is top notch. I have never felt safer in a hostel - remembering the door code might be a bit of a challenge when you're really drunk, but I think it cuts down on the stragglers a lot! I could probably afford to stay in a hotel by now, but I'd still come back here if I had the chance. Awesome time!

Room Tip: I think the main level may be a bit louder at night so I'd ask to stay on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Smallsails
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We came as a couple to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday and really enjoyed the hostel.
We had a double room which was just big enough for us, there's a shared lounge and kitchen with everything you could possibly need.
The bathrooms are über - clean with lovely hot showers.
The reception staff were very helpful and had lots if knowledge of Berlin.
We would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank rdpn
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Very close to U-bahn, great shopping, restaurants/bars. Rooms were light and modern with cupboard, plenty of power-points and bedside lamps. Bathroom/toilet cleaned twice daily, you did not mind sharing it was so clean. Fully set-up kitchen, leafy outdoor garden BBQ area. Free wifi (although internet didn't handle Skype to well which is a must for communicating with family back home, seemed to be a 20min cap on Skype too as it died after 20mins every time). My friend and I stayed for 6 nights. I would absolutely go back and recommend highly.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends