“Nice place but no place for party.”
Review of All In Hostel

All In Hostel
Ranked #54 of 346 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
“Nice place but no place for party.”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Me and my best friend (both born -88) stayed here in February 2012.
It was a bit overpriced price in my opinion. The bar wasn't open a single time during our 5 day trip and the rooms were quite cold. The staff was ok, not more. This is a great place for school trips or bigger groups. But if you wanna meet interesting people, hanging around and do some partying, then don't live here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sebastian G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We went to this hotel on 30th of October. We arrived at about 10:30am and check in was at 2pm, which was quite annoying but it gave us time to have a look around. There is an AMAZING burger place next door to the hostel which has the best chips! The rooms were very basic, but we weren't really expecting much having paid £52 for the week. There were three of us staying in the room, and there was six beds so at times it felt abit lonely. Be aware of the rules in this hostel! We had alcohol in the room and we were fined 30euros. Even if it's a present they will fine you so make sure you hide it well. There was a group of about 150 students staying there with us, which at first we didn't mind because we were only 17/18 but after a while it got quite annoying because they were constantly knocking on our door and running away, screaming at 8am when we were having a lie in, and then they complained when we came in from our nights out, so that wasn't fun. The showers were okay. They are shared showers but whenever me and my friend went, we were the only two there. I advise you to take a swimming costume!!! Friedrichshain is a very male dominated area and at night time they can become quite agressive and forward. We didn't feel too safe unless we had our guy friend with us. There's a cute cocktail bar near the hostel called Palm Beach. The cocktails were 4.50 during happy hour which we thought was good. Happy hour went on for a long time so we weren't complaining. Taxis are really cheap in Berlin. A taxi from the airport was only 30euros for three of us and a taxi from alexanderplaz was 12euros for six of us. There's a beer hall in Alexanderplaz called Hofbrau Munchin which was amazing! I highly reccommend going there even if you don't like beer. I don't usually like beer but the beer there was beyond great! They served food which look nice but we didn't have any. The only downfall here was the price. It was so expensive. Another great place in alexanderplatz in Carambar, about a 5 minute walk from Hofbau Munchen. This was a grear place! It was very small but we liked that because we made friends with almost everyone in the club. The bar staff were lovely but again, the cocktails were about 7.50 which was so expensive. Back to the hostel, SOME of the receptionists were lovely. I can't remember their names but one was a man from Kansas and the other a woman from bulgaria or romania (I can't remember haha). The WiFi ISN'T free, even though people say it is on here. There is an amazing night club a few minutes away called Matrix and it was so fun! If you ask at reception, they'll give you a half price matrix ticket! Overall, I'd say that this hostel is great if you're young, in a large group and don't mind being woken up early. I liked it here and I definitely would go back given the chance.
P.S Make sure you buy a train ticket and validate it. We got fined 40 euros each because we didn't have a validated ticket.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emily M
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We wanted somewhere cheap, clean, comfortable and in a good location. That is what we got. Stayed in a twin room with a bathroom. Room clean. Bathroom clean. Sheets clean. We stayed Monday to Thursday in December. It was quiet at night. That might be because it wasn't very busy.
I'd say this was more of a cheap hotel than hostel. Didn't have a kitchen or anything I could see and the bar wasn't ever open (probably because it wasn't very busy!).

Suited our needs brilliantly. About a 5 or so minute walk to Warschauer Strasse station with connections to U-Bahn and S-Bahn. Can easily get into the centre of town, over to the west and also south into Kreuzberg and surrounding area. There is a closer U-Bahn station I think but we didn't use it.

Plenty of eating options around from a quick snack, wrap or sit down meals.

Only spoke to staff when we checked in but they were helpful then (we arrived at 11pm).

No problems and good location for us and I really can't argue with the price! We booked via travel republic.

Really liked this

Room Tip: if you don't want to share bathroom make sure you book the right room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BrightonBat
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed November 16, 2013

...then this is a ok place to stay. The rooms are perfectly fine and on suit. The location is good but it's a place for school trips or larger groups. Free wifi and free breakfast. If you are just going to sleep there, then it's perfectly fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kielce, Poland
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I truely recommend this hostel for everyone who is travelling with friends, wants to visit the city during the day and not to pay a fortune for bed at night. The rooms aren't especially impressive (so if you care for visual effects, choose another) but the beds are very camfortable and everything is really clean. Location is great. Plenty of pubs nearby and underground station 10 minutes way.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

1 Thank Aga M
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I don't normally stay in backpackers but decided to book a single room in this hostel because it looked nice and I read good reviews... When I arrived the lower floor was full of screaming kids and school excursions along with teachers and older men and families. I booked a single room which had a tv and looked comfortable but when I arrived I got given an empty 6 bed dorm with no tv... And travelling alone at the time it felt awfully going back to an empty dorm and not a comfortable single room! I also went outside for a cigarette and got accosted by the security guards who said if you want to smoke you have to exit the complex and smoke on the street through the coded gate!
It took a 20min argument with staff to get my money back arguing what I paid for was not what was provided! Before I got a hotel which was around the same price and AMAZING! My entire trip to Berlin was great once I left this horrible gypsy hotel! I would never recommend this hostel! Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else!!!

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank John B

Travelers are raving about these Berlin hotels

Reviewed September 15, 2013

4 friends 1 room. a perfect location, minutes from the club area for the middle of the week and minutes from the metro and tram and train stations.
great Breakfast, young courteous, helping Staff.
Highly recommended for young people who are looking to sleep in close vicinity to entertainment centers during the week, delicious food places and public transport points to bring them to central locations in Berlin

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends