“not for single travelers”

A I Hotel Koenigshof
Ranked #463 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Israel
“not for single travelers”
Reviewed October 17, 2008

The hotel is in good location.
And stuff is very friendly.
But all the rooms for single travelers are located in the entry to each floor of the hotel. meaning everyone who enters or leaves the floor passes near your room and bothers you. the window in the room is very big, but the curtains do not block the sun light, and in the morning are being waken by the light from the window and by the passing people on the floor.

• Liked — location, stuff
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Hex10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
South of England
Reviewed June 11, 2005

Having visited Berlin for the first time recently and stayed at this hotel, I would like to thoroughly recommend it.

I came accross this hotel on the Berlin Tourist Office website and after searching through the many hotels listed, plugged for this one. Having never been to Berlin, my friend and I hazarded a guess that Charlottenburg was pretty central and we weren't far wrong.

The hotel is so conveniently located - virtually opposite the Charlottenburg tube station (just a few steps to the right) and the frequent trains take about 15-20 minutes to get to Tiergarten or Alexanderplatz - ideal!

The hotel itself is very pleasant - nothing to look at from the outside by any means, surrounded by Turkish kebab shops and cheap & tacky stores, but behind the somewhat unappealing facade lies a very pleasant hotel, full of character.

A lift was being installed while we were there so had to climb 2/3 flights of stairs to reception and our bedroom, but despite the building work going on at the time, which incidently wasn't at all intrusive or disruptive to our stay, we were very surprised at how good value for money this hotel is.

Our twin bedroom looked out onto an enclosed courtyard. The room was adequately sized, clean and everything appeared fairly new. The bathroom, although small comprising a toilet, basin and shower was all that we needed, after all the hotel was just a roof over our head for 2 nights and so reasonable at 30 Euros a night per person and in the centre of Berlin at that! It was incredibly quiet and it was only at breakfast that we realised that actually we were NOT the only ones staying there.

Breakfast is basic - a help-yourself-affair, but what do you expect for £20! Lots of breadrolls - my only criticism being that they weren't freshly baked and had been left outside reception since 4/5am - my friend and I noticing this after a night out on the tiles! They were somewhat stale and I've been spoilt by many a fresh and crispy Broetchen in my time and these just didn't compare!!! Tea, Coffee, Cold Meats, Eggs, Yoghurt, Fresh fruit and cheese is all on offer - an adequate continental breakfast.

The staff were very friendly and although I'm fortunate to speak German, I heard them speaking English. I'd definitely stay here again - the lift will certainly be a welcome change next time round!

• Stayed April 2005