Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
1,581 results
All reviewspotsdamer platzcheckpoint charliehi expressnetto supermarketboiled eggsice machineminute walkcontinental breakfasts bahnthe breakfast areabuilding sitethe sofa bedwalking distanceshort staycold meatsyogurtpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you are visiting Berlin, it is nice to be near the City Center and this hotel is located very conveniently to most places you may wish to go, and near the excellent subway system called the S-Bahn and U-Bahn.

I especially like this hotel for its great staff, and of course the usual comfort and practical amenities it provides. They are even at times heroic when large tour groups swoop down and all seek to have their plentiful excellent complimentary breakfast at the same time. Diligently the serving staff swiftly replenish everything and clear tables at once.

While all are good at this, Isabel Wittner or Wissner (spelling?) is an incredible performer, and I know what I say as my job is driving performance in multinational companies. If the German branch of HIE is starting a high-end new hotel in a critical resort location where everything needs to be perfect, they should ask her to run this section and have this part of the hotel pretty much guaranteed to run like clockwork.

The other breakfast crew are friendly and courteous and work diligently, and the desk crew does all they can to give rapid service to clients from all of the world asking so many things in every imaginable language. Being at so central a location in a world capital draws its share of demands they make every effort to meet.

I can only congratulate the management behind this hotel as it sets a new benchmark I will remember when staying in the maybe more luxurious locations in Arizona, Florida or California but where much of the Berlin City Centre magic might be missing...

Room Tip: Priority members can request rooms with larger windows giving more light, but all rooms are quite cozy offering usual Holiday Inn Express bedding and creature comforts. Remember this is Europe where room sizes everywhere are much smaller than on large continents. But the breakfast isn't continental, it's great and it's offered with the room - Thanks HIE !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RichLovesTravel
GSM_HIEX_Berlin_CC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for this review!
I have send this review to all our departments at our hotel and speak with our service team directly.

On your next trip to Berlin, we would be pleased to welcome you back!

Guest Service Assistant Sales

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very nice Hotel in it class in heart of Berlin. Only app. 10 minutes walk to Potzdamer Platz.
Rather small room but clean and tidy. Free internet connection in the room and WiFI in the lobby.
The staff was very helpful and nice.
Good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bobbi55
GSM_HIEX_Berlin_CC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
I´m happy that you like our hotel and have enjoy your stay.

We would be very pleased if you would choose our hotel again for your next Berlin trip.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've been to Berlin multiple times and stayed in various hotels across the city. I chose this hotel due to the breakfast being included, although there are plenty of places to eat fruhstuck in the city. I felt that getting up, going downstairs, having a bite to eat and then going out, makes a huge difference to my day.

The hotel was close to Anhalter Bahnhof, its not where I originally thought it was but no complaints from me. First day we walked to the Techniks museum, then the other days we walked to all of the major sites.

Hotel was clean and felt modern, our room was smaller than expected but ideal for such a short break. I couldn't get WiFi in the room, but down in the lobby there were computers to use and the use of wifi via a free code.

The staff were extremely helpful and helped us purchase a Berlin City Pass which covered the 3 days that we were there. This card helped us get discounts at a few places.

Breakfast was just right for me, I love the rolls with the meats and the cheeses, a few guests wanted to know where the bacon, suasage and eggs were but come on guys, this is Berlin not London.

All in all very happy with my choice and would consider stopping here again, unless my budget would cover the Ritz or the Hotel Adlon!

Room Tip: I believe all of the rooms are identical, and the sofa expands to make an additional bed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rhys_Adams_Derby

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
I´m happy that you like our breakfast, the location and our helpful staff.

On your next trip to Berlin, we would be pleased to welcome you back!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

generally, a nice place to stay for a night or two. clean rooms, quiet at night, pleasant and helpful receptionists. one minor flaw - the breakfast - come on guys!!! this is GERMANY!!! I expected scrambled eggs and your "wurst" sausages. where had they gone? I take away one star for this ;) otherwise, I recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wojtek G
GSM_HIEX_Berlin_CC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear grabtool,

thank you very much for your review.
I´m happy that you like our hotel.

But i´m sorry that you not enjoy our breakfast.

We look forward to welcome you again at your next visit in Berlin.

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during our february half term break with my 2 boys aged 13 and 16.

Easy enough to find if you are coming from schonefeld airport. Take S45 train, change at Templehof to U6 and leave at Hallesches Tor. Its about 10 min walk max from station.

Its a typical hol inn express nothing different. Rooms same layout as other countries with sofa bed for kids. Not luxury but real value for money and clean. Excellent breakfast, all fresh and good, but breakfast room can get busy at peak times. Can't really fault it at all to be honest .

In terms of location to other areas its about 10 mins to pottsdammer platz and 20/25 mins to Brandenburg gate . We generally walked most places.

Finally one restaurant to not miss is near British Embassy at the top of Wilhelmstrabe called 'Alt Berliner Wirtshaus' ... quality ..

Dear neil1687,

thank you for taking time to write a review.
I´m happy that you like our brand, our hotel and our great breakfast.