“Stylish and friendly with spacious rooms (apartments)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lux 11

Lux 11
Ranked #249 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
“Stylish and friendly with spacious rooms (apartments)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

I've stayed here twice and this hotel is exactly what it says to be: stylish, cool and the personnel are really welcoming and helpful.
But they have apartments, not hotel rooms in that sense that the rooms are big with a walk-in closet and a kitchenett. These apartments are clean, in a nice condition and the rain shower is beautiful. Breakfast is not the best I have experienced, but definitely ok.

Since I prefer staying in a hotel on my business trips (I prefer having room service, free wifi and other services at hand), I'll might not stay here again but the experience was absolutely really good. If you are looking for a stylish apartment hotel, then this is the place to stay!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
munich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Lux 11 is a very stylish and cool place! The staff is friendly. It's very central for clubbing (not noisy )and eating out. Stayed in a lot of hotels in Berlin the last years, this one impressed me. The price is quite high, I stayed in one of the suites.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

The room we had was like a one room apartment. It was airy and a corner room, which I love! The shower is in the same room, with a glass/mirror wall behind the sink. So when you're in the shower you can see the silhouette. The toilet and the kitchen is just inside the entrance. Where you can make coffee and toast, for as well cook meals.
Liked this hotel. It's also connected to Adidas, where you get a % in the store.

It's a place you should check in..

Stayed September 2009
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

I don't know why I waited so long to put it out there to the world, but after returning to Berlin last week and staying at The Circus Hotel (FANTASTIC!), I knew I had to share my horrible experience at Lux 11 with the world. Thomas Tänzer is the owner/general manager. I was with clients and colleagues on a business trip. Lux 11 looks good on the surface. The rooms were fun in look and feel. The fun and comfort stopped when the hotel's internet service went down and stayed down for nearly 24 hours. Our client was not amused and had to seek an internet cafe at midnight while severely jet lagged in a foreign place to deal with e-mails back in the States. None of the rest of the team were amused either. Not good. In the morning, I let the front desk know that if the internet was not restored by the time we returned from our meetings around 5pm, we'd have to check out. They were in agreement. When in fact 5pm hit, there was no internet. Out we had to go, but not without a fight and room charges for late check-outs. The owner/gm wouldn't come out of his office to speak to me live. Instead he used his employees to do perform his dirty work. Now, please note that The Circus Hotel, way cheaper room rates, offers FREE Internet service and even loans out laptops for FREE. Back then, we moved to the Radisson next to the Dom, where all internet services worked beautifully. The next day Thomas Tänzer called me at my request to hopefully discuss the issue and obtain an apology or a make-good of some sort. All he did was yell at me, insult me and threaten me. I politely told him that I was hanging up on him and I hung up. He had the gumption to call back. I'd say he missed the class of Customer Service 101 & Never Read the Article How To Be A Gentleman. BAD BUSINESS. BAD FORM. BAD ENERGY. Avoid this place at all cost.

Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
6 Thank lynnsf123
Frankfurt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

We were first unsure about the location but found out, that the location of the hotel is perfect for sightseeing (close to Museumsinsel) and night life as well. The staff was over-average friendly and they have great amenities like midnight snacks and even excellent wine, all included, you don't have to pay anything for it and at the same time having a terrific start in the evening or a conveniant chill-out after returning.
The hotel is really a design-hotel in a pretty old, but fully renovated building which was used by the soviet KGB during cold war times - spooky. Perfect melt of history and modern design.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Berlin/New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

The service at Lux 11 is, quite simply, appalling. I stayed for a few days recently and was subjected to overcharges on my card after departure. A rude, unhelpful staff acted as though they were doing me a favor allowing me to stay there. My associate stopped by to pick me up and they refused to ring my room to let me know he was there. They instead sent him up to my room, unannounced, for a rather awkward, after-shower greeting.

Did I mention there were items missing after the room was cleaned?

After all this stress brought onto me by the staff, I thought, boy I could use a drink right now. I'll even shell out mini-bar prices......wait! No mini bar! Just a bottle of cheap €5 white wine, sitting warm on the counter, for the bargain price of €34. Oh yeah, no room service, in it's place, a flyer telling me to "take a taxi" to a restaurant that shares owners with the hotel. Unbelievable!

What a sham.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank w0rldcritic
next to hat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

The property is located in walking distance (5 min) from the Alexander Platz, To the Alexander Platz I took the bus from the TXL airport, so the commute was very easy. The Alexander Platz and the Lux 11 (www.lux-eleven.com) are located in the district “Mitte” (City Center), so very convenient, if you want to do sight seeing or have a business meeting in the city center of Berlin.
The property was very nice with its puristic art style and modern design. The room was quite spacious for a city center property and had all the features you need including W-LAN in the room. The toilet was a separate room, but the large washing basin was included in the main bed room and included all kinds of amenities and the shower was also accessible from there. A huge rain forest shower head was hanging from the ceiling; Very stylish and at the same time a very comfortable showering experience.

The service was extremely helpful and friendly (Thanks Angela for all your help with directions and dinner suggestions!)

Over all it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business