“Nice hotel in a good location”

Courtyard Berlin City Center
Ranked #85 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights whilst attending a conference. First of all, the staff are very welcoming, and speak very good English - which was a relief to me with my limited German.

I arrived on the Sunday (early afternoon) to find my room ready and available. My room was on the second floor and was clean and of a good size. My only negative comment about the room would be that it was slightly stuffy, but opening the window overnight was too noisy. The one odd thing is that when you are in your room you have to pay for wireless connection (2.5 Euro for 2 hours), whereas if you are in the lobby you can access it free of charge. This sort of feels the wrong way round - but there you go!

The breakfast was excellent - a really wide choice of both hot and cold options, with a nice big flask of coffee on the table so you could have as much as you wanted. The bar and restaurant were also great - I had a nice relaxing drink and meal each evening, and it was good value for money too!

The location is great - I didn't use the U-bahn, opting for a nice stroll around the central sights of Berlin - all of which were within reasonable walking distance.

Lastly - as a conference venue it was really good. The conference room was light and airy, and the refreshments and food were amazing.

I would recommend this hotel - for work or pleasure!

2  Thank Mis88

Reviewed March 14, 2013

we stayed for a week when touring Germany, the hotel is near a U Bahn station and reasonable walking distance of major tourist sites and museums. Service was very good with friendly, helpful staff. Good breakfast buffet and the bar/restaurant food was also very good especially the happy hour menu.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'm a Platinum Member for Marriott staying at ths hotel for the ITB and every night I have had to request for bathsoap as the hotel now only puts bath gel, staff answered "you are in Germany and we use bath gel" I replied I'm staying in a US chain hotel and you should have US standards. To top off my terrible experience this year hotel has had NO HOT WATER for over 12 hours and not even close to solve the problem. What a disasterous hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here for six night while on business. The staff was helpful and accommodating, and the rooms were comfortable. Hotel was very close to the Spittlemarkt U-Bahn station, which made traveling to other parts of the city quite easy. Many of area tourist attractions are within easy walking distance.

1  Thank Leigh H
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed here in early November 2012 and were very pleased. We took the taxi from the airport which was about 35 euros but worth it because it was fast. The hotel itself is very modern and clean. I especially liked the free WiFi in the lobby and at the bar. The food at the bar was also good and the staff was attentive and friendly. It's close to transportation and a short walk to Checkpoint Charlie. The rooms are clean and big and modern. I slept like a baby here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013

As with all our choices of hotels, the location is key, as well as value for money. This 4-star hotel had a good location, being close to the underground (Spittlemarkt), within walking distance of Unter den Linden and Checkpoint Charlie and close to a variety of restaurants (German, Italian, Chinese and Pubs). We went for a deluxe room, which was spacious, clean, and included breakfast. As it was February (cold and snowing!), I think the price was very reasonable. Breakfast bufffet set us up for the day, great choice to suit all tastes and appetites. We used the restaurant (Spanish bistro) twice for a meal and drinks. Staff very attentive and friendly. Can't complain about the food at all, enjoyed our meals (drinks a bit expensive though), especially the daily homemade soups. Only niggle (which didn't spoil our holiday) was the housekeeping service - we had to ring them three times. Once for two more pillows, second for towels and tissues, third for more tea and coffee. As soon as we had called the missing items were brought up to our room almost immediately. We asked for a late check out and were given our room till 2pm which was just right. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Deluxe room had free bottle of water for first night. Our room was on 2nd floor and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ame21
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The biggest surprise was the size of the room and the lobby. Used to the size of hotels in London and Paris, this was almost a shock to me, especially considering the very reasonable price.

The staff was very friendly and spoke excellent English. The room was very clean and tidy. I could hear some noise from another room so the rooms are not soundproof, but then I went to sleep really early and the noise didn't bother me later on in the night.

The only small minus was the slightly impersonal feel of the hotel. The bistro downstairs tried to be personal by having named itself after some crazy (and I guess fictional) olive-loving chef, but the food was quite impersonal as well. And ok, the bed was a bit too hard, but this is something I say in 90% of my reviews, so I think it's me and not the general hardness of hotel beds.

We took a walk from the hotel to Unter den Linden, to the Checkpoint Charlie and to Galeries Lafayette, so the location is really good. The view from the hotel is not great but I didn't expect it to be.