1,560 results
All reviews potsdamer platz german resistance large hotel sony centre brandenburg gate minute walk business hotel attending a conference breakfast buffet extra pillows quality hotel beautiful hotel stayed for two nights good size quiet location comfortable rooms holocaust memorial
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

This was our third stay at the Maritime as a family and the hotel. Ever disappoints.

Despite being incredibly large, the service is always warm and friendly.

Buffet breakfast is vast but quality isn't comprised for quantity.

The rooms are spacious and beds comfortable.

I only have two minor complaints:

1: Please can you provide more / more substantial pillows on the beds

2: tea / coffee making facilities in the room would be nice.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Management_BER, Manager at Maritim Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2016

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your already repeated visits and your kind comments about our hotel. We are delighted, that you felt comfortable and well served.

Gladly we inform you, that all our rooms in the comfort and superior category are equipped with tea/coffee making facilities. For the classic rooms this can be ordered at our reception.

Furthermore you have missed more pillows. Extra and other types of pillows, such as hard pillows or anti-allergic pillows, are of course available for our guests on request in our Housekeeping Department.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and do hope, that we can welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay and found this hotel to be of a high standard. The breakfast choice is just amazing and chef made me an omelette saying it was made with love ❤️ it was delicious thanks to all the staff we encountered ,feel you work very hard to make an excellent visitor experience. Would return in a shot , the location is very good to get to key areas for sight seeing.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Management_BER, Manager at Maritim Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Dear guest,

It was such a pleasure for us to read your lovely comments about our hotel. Cordial thanks! We hope, we will see you again in a shot. :-)

Reviewed September 16, 2016 via mobile

Modern hotel situated near the M29 bus route and about 15 stroll from Pottsdammer Platz.

Massive hotel, the rooms are clean and comfortable although the air conditioning is fairly ineffectual.

Food is good with a massive choice for breakfast. Le Bar is very nice but the drinks and food are quite expensive.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management_BER, Manager at Maritim Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2016

Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for your visit and evaluation. We are very pleased, that you enjoyed your stay in general.

We can not determine in retrospect, what it might be that the air conditioning in your room did not work properly, but the most common cause for a not-functioning air conditioning is an opened window or a not completely closed window lock. In this case, the system switches off automatically. If guests inform us on the spot about such problems, our technicians try to remedy immediately. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

In the hope, that we can welcoming you back, if your travels brings you to Berlin again, we send kindest regards,

Reviewed September 15, 2016

The Maritim Hotel in Berlin was a terrific surprise. The rooms were great, service wonderful, buffet breakfasts delicious and personnel were very helpful and friendly. Had a couple of problems and they were taken care of within minutes. Wanted a light dinner one night and ate in the bar. Food was very good and reasonable. Would return in a heartbeat.

Room tip: Ask for a room fairly close to the elevators. Otherwise could end up with a long walk.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Cordial thanks for your wonderful review. We are delighted, that you felt comfortable and well served during your stay in our hotel and do hope, to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2016

I stayed here for 2 nights while attending a concert and I can only say that my experience was second to none.

There are two hotels in Berlin with very similar names and, when I walked in, I wasn't sure that I was in the right place. The reception area is stunning and a welcome relief from the chill that was beginning to settle over the city.

Thankfully, I was in the right hotel and, while the outside may look grey and bleak, the inside is beautiful. The hallways may be like a maze but this is something I prefer. I like to be able to lose myself in my mind for a while as I navigate the building. If you get the chance, go to the first floor and walk the hallway that goes across the front of the building. The view is pretty nice and I enjoyed that several times.

The room was spacious, as was the bathroom. The shower was excellent and was a welcome sight after a night at a concert. The room came with all the amenities needed, including a bath robe and slippers. The wifi was free but did take a bit of work to get it connected. However, once it was connected it worked just fine.

The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of duvets and blankets. Spares could be found in the wardrobe.

The hotel bar regularly put on events and this can be a lot of fun. If you have a little spare time, do go and see if there's something happening. Even if you only sit back and watch, it can still be fun! (There was a lounge singer while we were there who was so bad he was good. Well worth it just for him!)

The hotel is served by both the buses and the U-Bahn as well as being about a five minute walk to Potsdamer Platz. The hotel is also a short walk from the Tiergarten. It took two buses and about 30 minutes to get from Tegel Airport to the hotel.

Just a quick note: If you're like me and like to get your bearing before you go, this hotel can't be viewed on Google Streetview as there are several Embassies and government buildings in the area.

The staff were excellent and I can't rate them highly enough. As I was checking out, one of them noticed that I was carrying a poster tube that contained posters from the previous night and, as it was raining, asked if I would like it wrapped. I handed it over and it came back beautifully wrapped in a few of the hotels newspaper delivery bags. Brilliant service and the posters made it back to the UK safe and, more importantly, dry!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Management_BER, Manager at Maritim Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2016

Dear guest,

It was really wonderful for us to read your detailed review about our hotel and we thank you cordially for your compliments. What a great praise! We cannot wish more except to welcoming you again on any future visits in Berlin.

Thanks again!