Maritim Hotel Berlin
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
1,368 results
All reviewspotsdamer platzgerman resistancesony centrelarge hotelbrandenburg gateminute walkconcert hallbusiness hotelattending a conferencebreakfast buffetimmediate vicinityflat screenstayed here for two nightsbeautiful hotelextra pillowsair conditioninggood size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here with a colleague on a recent business trip. It is a comfortably, modern hotel, but surprisingly for a five star did not have free wifi - a real minus point. I wish more hotels would just include this as they include free towels and bed linen. It's got to the stage where (normally) I avoid any place that doesn't include wifi as a matter of course. The reception staff were good, though the concierge was a tad surly. My other lament is that it is a good ten - fifteen minutes' walk to find any shops or restaurants - a bit of a pain if you arrive tired and want somewhere to eat that isn't actually inside the hotel. Apart from that it has a very good bar area and was fine, but I will stay somewhere nearer some action next time. And with wifi included.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Byron R
Management_BER, Manager at Maritim Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear guest,

We thank you for your visit and your evaluation and appreciated your kind comments regarding the hotel facilities, reception staff and our bar. Unfortunately, we often have to respond to the criticism regarding the Wifi and TV offer. Please be assured, that we will improve these services as soon as we have the possibility, but we are still under contracts at the moment. We apologise for this shortcoming.

Since you would stay somewhere nearer action next time in Berlin, we can recommend our sister hotel MARITIM proArte. This is an art and design hotel directly located at the Friedrichstraße with many sights, theatres, restaurants, shops etc. around. Surely this fits more with your needs.

In the hope, that we can welcome you back in one of the Maritim Hotels Berlin on any future visits, we send kind regards

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We booked this hotel via Hotwire so we did not know anything about it before we had payed for it. We did not read any of the rewievs of the hotel but saw by ratings that people in general was pleased with it.
The negative sides have been mentioned by so many before me and can be summened in two words: Internet and TV.
Personally I could also add that we had a little strange meeting with the staff at breakfast the first day. When we came to register for breakfast the girl behind the counter asked us if we were VIP's. Of course I should have answered "aren't we all", but polite as I am I said no. We were then shown a check for €25 per person for a breakfast buffe, but the receptionist the day before had told me that there was also a continetal breakfast for €9 or 10. We asked for the continetal one and where presented the right check to sign. Problem was that the girl behind the counter did not seem to know what was included in the continental breakfast. May be it was more than she pointed out to us, because the continental breakfast was not up to my expectations for the price. Besides the coffe was cold and the glasses for juice took only 1 dl.
The good things about this hotel is many. The location is very quiet (except for the curch bells in the morning), and it's only a ten minutes walk to Potzdamer platz. If you walk about 20 minutes in the other direction (by the canal) you get to the Kurfursten Dam. Tiergarten and the kunst area is very close and the closest stop for the sightseeing buses is only about five minutes walk away. The rooms are spacius and cleaning was good. The general feeling of service was also very good.
I don't have any problem recomending this hotel to others if they don't mind a little walking.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Very interested we have read your kind review regarding your stay at our hotel and thank you for taking the time for it. We are delighted, that you were basically satisfied with the hotel and our services. Since you have read other reviews already before, we suppose, that you have also read our answers regarding the internet and TV.

With much regret we have taken note of your negative experience at our breakfast restaurant. The employee at the counter wanted to ask, if you have booked with your room reservation an access to our VIP Lounge “Berliner Salon”, what is an option for every guest, so please apology the misunderstanding.

Our continental breakfast includes bread, rolls, croissants, butter, jam, honey, cheese and meat and of course juice and coffee/tea. We do not know, what the employee offered to you, but we are sorry, that this breakfast did not met your expectations.

We formally apologise for the inconvenience caused and hope, you will, nevertheless, visit us again occasionally .

With kind regards

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've stayed at the Maritim Hotel for a few days at the beginning of October and I can say that the Hotel is great, very clean, excellent service and ammenities but I still can't understand why do I have to pay for WiFi or Cable TV. Come on guys, it's 2013, even in a lots of hostel across Europe it's possible to have free WiFi access or Cable TV at no cost.

Rooms are great, really tidy and nice, maybe the TV could be a little bite newer, but it was Ok. You're in Berlin you don't want to spend all you day watching tv. But in case you do want to watch, and you do not speak german, you'll have to pay for the extra channels, yes, I did not like it at all. My solution, do not watch TV.

Another problem you'll have to face is with Internet Acess. It depends on a third company, Telekom, that will charge you more than 4 euro for a 24 hour access, for only one device. I've been in other hotels where you've to pay for WiFi, and I get it, it's ok, but please, not for every device.

Talking about location, it's awesome, you're two blocks away from the Tiergarden, so if you want to go running, walking, or just to feel like you're outside the city is a very nice place to be at. Also, you're only a few blocks from Postdamer Platz, where you'll be able to go having dinner, breakfast or buy a new camera :-)

I do recommend this Hotel, but hope that in the near future, you won't have to pay for Internet access, at least, if you do, you'll can connect more than one device.

Safe trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Management_BER, Manager at Maritim Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear guest,

Many thanks for visiting us and taking the time for a feedback. It was a pleasure for us to read your kind comments, especially regarding the location, service and amenities. Of course we are aware that our TV and internet offer is not quite up to date and, as mentioned a few times before here, these issues are high on our priority list. At the moment our hands are unfortunately still tied by contracts but we hope to be able soon to offer better services in this context. We would be very pleased, to welcoming you again, if you visit Berlin in the future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The price per night was too expensive for the type of place that you will be getting and that's even excluding breakfast. I only stayed here due to a conference, but on days before that I was able to stay at a more inexpensive hotel that provided free wifi throughout the whole hotel and was even able to give me public transportation tickets. This hotel, however, does NOT offer a free wifi, and still has a CRT TV (which I didn't expect from an expensive hotel). The cleaning service wasn't good as well, most of the glasses in the room, even those that I haven't used were so dirty. Even some of the glasses in the conference were dirty! The location also wasn't that good. It still was quite a long walk towards the train stations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

With much regret we have noted that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay at our hotel. We understand your criticism regarding the Wifi and TV and assure you that these issues are on our priority list. Unfortunately our hands are still tied by contracts at the moment.

We particularly regret, that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness and of course we spoke to our Executive Housekeeper and ask him for a thorough review of the glass surfaces in the rooms and conference area.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings and inconvenience caused.

Since you were also unsatisfied with the location of our hotel, we like to recommend for your eventual next stay in Berlin our sister hotel Maritim proArte at Friedrichstraße, with train stations, sights, restaurants, shops etc. in the direct neighbourhood. In the hope, that you will visit one of our Maritim Hotels in Berlin again, we send kind regards

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Early July I spent 8 nights in this hotel for a meeting followed by a conference. We were a few hundred people and so had most of the hotel booked for our organisation. The hotel was chosen for its conference facilities which are splendid. Even if the venue was good and most things ok, I have a few comments to make to express my disappointment with this hotel. The building is non-descript from the outside, but inside rather splendid, nice lobby, nice rooms (rather long corridors to get there..) and phantastic breakfast. Impeccably clean as well. However, internet access (which is practically indispensable for people who go to a conference) is NOT free and has to be paid at 5 Euro per day. Even in the cheapest hotels in most of the world it's now standard and FREE. Also there were issues with having to pay for leaving the luggage after check-out (conference finished after the official check-out). I have never heard of this before. A hotel of such high standing as it pretends to be, should not do this. Also, prices in the mini-bar and the hotel bar were just outrageously high, rather shamelessly so. It was a heat wave and drinking was necessary, so this put another minus point. Also, upon check-out, the information about which nights were taken on by the meeting organizers and which ones to be settled by me had not been correctly noted and I had another bill later on (which was correct but unnecessary as I had told them when I checked out). Considering the relatively long distance to public transport and sights, I would not go there again.

Room Tip: Most rooms are in a quiet area, no big thoroughfare nearby, so they should all be rather calm.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for your visit and the detailed assessment of our hotel. We were pleased that you were satisfied with the facilities, our breakfast and the cleanliness.

The more we regret that you were disappointed about our pricing for some services. Because of contractual commitments, we are unfortunately not able at the moment, to offer free internet access, but it is one of our priorities to improve this service as soon as possible. Cost for luggage storage occur only during major events, because we have to provide in such cases extra rooms and staff. This is always matched with the organizers in advance. The prices for drinks in our mini-bar and the hotel bar are in line with the market in the range of the 4-star-hotels in Berlin, but of course we regularly undertake a review of the existing prices.

We formally apologise for the inconvenience caused and especially for the trouble you had with the billing during your check-out. Nevertheless we hope, that you will maybe give us a second chance occasionally.

With kind regards