I stayed at the Maritim for a couple of nights during a conference held at the hotel.
My initial impression was that this was a quality hotel; a Bellboy assisting with luggage from the taxi, quick efficient check-in and above standard décor and materials in the lobby.
I was in room 2058 which was a short walk from the lifts and relatively central to the hotel, certainly no complaints about long walks from the room to reception or conference areas. The room was larger than a lot of business rooms I stay in with plenty of room for luggage, a large bathroom area and a well presented main bedroom area. My only criticism is of the old style TV in a cabinet, but I understand from comments the hotel are undertaking a project to replace with flatscreen TV's. The room was very quiet and well maintained over the two days. I did notice that the minibar had not been restocked properly so mentioned this to the staff on reception (as I did not want to get stung for a bill of food/drinks I had not consumed - I am sure you have heard of that one before!), they efficiently replenished the minibar.
The selection at breakfast was excellent with omelettes available on request.
The service to the conference was very good too. Excellent food, plenty of drinks available in the conference rooms.
- Quality Hotel
- Minibar not restocked - addressed immediately though
- Additional cost of internet/wifi (Really should be free these days!!)
- Old style small TV
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maritim Hotel Berlin is located in the heart of Germany's capital, between Ku'Damm and Brandenburg Gate. From here you can easily go for sightseeing or shopping. Many sights and shopping malls are within walking distance. The nearby Tiergarten offers best conditions for sportsmen. Whether for jogging, cycling or just walking - on approximately 2.1 hectares pure nature awaits you in the middle of the city. Only a few meters away is the Kulturforum with the world-famous Philharmonic Berlin, the New National Gallery, the Gemäldegalerie and the Kupferstichkabinett. Potsdamer Platz or about 8 minutes walk. Highlights include: Sony Center, Leogoland, Stage Musical Theater, Mall of Berlin, Potsdamer Platz Arcades, Espionage Museum, Museum of Film and Television, Martin Gropius Building and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Hotel Berlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berlin Maritim Hotel