“Music AWESOME but the door boy / girl terrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

Watergate
Ranked #30 of 594 Nightlife in Berlin
Berlin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Music AWESOME but the door boy / girl terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I used to be a regular there but the problem w. as always the person at the door. Waiting with my friends from Spain, Poland, U.S... we never knew if we're gonna get in or not. KInd of ruins the mood especially when you are waiting in the line for 40mins or longer. Entry costs around 15 euro. Drinks inside also expensive. I recommend going there in Summer / Spring, you can chill outside n see the amazing view..the river, bridge. Its amazing. If only they changed their attitude a little.. it would make an amazing spot.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Sani K

• Greek first
  • Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The biggest delusion of my clubbing career”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

After half an hour in line we entered the club.

At the door a very ignorant, unitidy, rude blonde girl (who talked like a child) made a senseless selection based on his mood. So you can immagine the quality of the people inside...

Once entered the Watergate, the dancefloor was claustrophobic and full on guys who weren't dancing. I think they didn't know exactly why they were there inside.

The music was nothing special and people spend his time looking at the thousand lamps instead of having fun.

So:

- low music quality
- low cocktail quality
- low leveled people on the door
- no clubbers, just club tourists

Probably the wors club ever visited.

Watergate? Shitgate maybe.

4 Thank Vincent_Berserk
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dislike tourists!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Heard great things about this club so my boyfriend & another couple (all Australian) decided to check it out. We got there at 1.30 am and joined the long queue & waited an hour in zero degree weather. Everyone seemed to get in to the club but when we got to the front of the line the bouncer said "Dutch" or "English" when we said "English" he said no and pointed to the side for us to leave the line. I couldn't believe it. We had waited patiently in the line for an hour in the freezing cold only to get rejected because we weren't German. From my experience in Berlin I've concluded they don't really like tourists in the city.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Mica S
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A very enjoyable birthday spent at this club”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I know there are loads of clubs to go to in Berlin and this one is probably considered to be quite trendy and expensive but it is right next to the river, had 2 dance floors with excellent dj's and a live band (The Oakwoods) and a pontoon on the river where you can sit outside and have a drink or a cigarette if you fancy. I went with someone from Berlin and I have to say the bouncers were pretty friendly and there was a good atmosphere inside the club and the music varied depending what level you were at. The toilets are slightly unusual and actually some of the girls were quite funny!

Visited September 2012
Naples, Italy
333 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,956 helpful votes
“Cool place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

A really cool place, with good music and a nice dancefloor. Also the outside platform is really cool.
A good place to nightclubbing and one of the best club in the world.

Visited December 2011